Recover faster and with greater granularity while protecting your critical business data
DB2 Recovery Expert is a self-managing backup and recovery solution offering the insurance you need to protect the mission-critical data that runs your business.
DB2 Recovery Expert recovers database objects safely, precisely and quickly without having to resort to full database recovery. It can help you avoid accidental data loss or corruption by providing a faster, less costly method of recovery when time is of the essence.
- Improve recovery effectiveness without the resource-intensive disaster recovery.
- Reduce impacts on production with remote log analysis.
- Automate the process of rebuilding database assets to a correct "point-in-time”.
Improve recovery effectiveness
- Recover database objects with more speed, flexibility and precise granularity while protecting mission-critical business data.
- Analyze and provide diagnostics of altered, incorrect or missing database assets including tables, indexes or data.
- Allow DBAs to quickly restore or correct erroneous data with less resource and minimal disruption; Roll back unwanted data changes precisely throughout a database.
- Provide a scaled approach for responding to accidental data loss or corruption.
- Simplify, optimize and shorten database recovery with more granular recovery options and complete support for IBM pureScale®, adaptive compression and multi-temperature storage.
Reduce impacts on production
- Analyze logs remotely to view changes to critical data assets.
- Plan for database intensive activities with quiet time reports on a database.
Automate the process of rebuilding database
- Recreate databases (or selected objects) to new environments.
- Rebuild databases to a correct “point-in-time”, even as the system remains online.
DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows resources