Unified application development, integrated data and pervasive data functionality
IBM DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i integrates iSeries data with client/server, web, mobile and service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications. The solution delivers unified application development, integrated data and pervasive data functionality to IBM eServer iSeries users. It includes IBM Data Studio and the InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime environment, which can significantly improve the way databases are developed, tested and deployed.
IBM DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i helps you:
- Speed application development, impact analysis and problem resolution—using IBM Data Studio, Java application developers can achieve up to 50 percent productivity improvement.
- Facilitate application development—this solution supports the most widely used application frameworks, DB2 add-ins, and industry-standard application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Optimize performance of new or existing applications—you gain development tuning for web-enabled mainframe functionality and accelerated performance of Java code.
- Leverage your iSeries data—DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i joins your DB2 iSeries data to DB2 tables on other servers, mainframes and systems. It also extends iSeries data to mobile devices.
Speed application development, impact analysis and problem resolution
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i includes the IBM Data Studio, which provides an Eclipse-based environment for building database objects, queries and database logic including stored procedures and user defined-functions for IBM DB2, IBM Informix and Oracle databases.
- It also provides a seamless Java SQL experience including SQL assistance, validation, execution and analysis. Java developers can take advantage of contextual assistance for defining and debugging data routines.
- Drag-and-drop features enable fast creation of web services. Developers can quickly and easily customize a data access layer using Java objects, JSON or XML.
- Data Studio provides an SQL outline that correlates application SQL with the Java code that executes it and the database objects it references.
- Using the SQL outline for rapid problem resolution, developers can trace SQL statements back to the originating line in the source application, even if the SQL was generated using a framework. In addition, developers can instantly see all the SQL that is affected by proposed changes.
- You can use Data Studio to visualize the impact of database changes. When you want to provision test data, you can immediately visualize privacy policies associated with source data.
Facilitate application development
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i enables application development using dominant application frameworks including Microsoft .NET, J2EE or SOA, and programming in Java, Visual Basic .NET, C#, PHP, C or C++.
- It improves programmer productivity with DB2 add-ins for Visual Studio .NET and Eclipse-based tools such as IBM WebSphere Studio and IBM Rational Application Developer.
- The software supports industry-standard APIs including ADO.NET, ODBC, OLE DB, DB2 CLI, JDBC, SQLJ and Embedded SQL.
Optimize performance of new and existing applications
- IBM DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i includes the IBM InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner. Developers can capture and visualize potential query hotspots to identify which queries are executed most frequently or take the most time. InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner provides expert recommendations to help tune queries for optimal performance.
- It also includes InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime, which provides a runtime environment and application programming interface (API) that enhances the performance of existing in-house database client applications written using Java, C or .NET. This high-performance data access platform helps with rapid development and deployment of new applications, and optimizes database applications and services.
- It enables application development using dominant application frameworks such as Microsoft .NET, J2EE or SOA, and programming in Java, Visual Basic .NET, C#, PHP, C or C.
Leverage your iSeries data
- With a single SQL request, the software joins your DB2 iSeries data to DB2 tables from another iSeries server or partition, or multiple iSeries servers or partitions.
- It links DB2 iSeries data to DB2 databases on Windows, UNIX and Linux servers; IBM Informix Dynamic Server; and IBM System z mainframes when coupled with another DB2 Connect solution.
- It also links DB2 iSeries data with non-IBM data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase, when coupled with IBM WebSphere Information Integrator.
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i extends iSeries data to mobile devices. The software can also capture transactions executed on mobile devices to iSeries data.