Advanced database backup, recovery and data extraction solution for Db2
The IBM® Db2® Advanced Recovery Feature combines three Db2 tools for advanced database backup, recovery and data extraction. These tools help improve data availability, mitigate risk and accelerate crucial administrative tasks. IBM Db2 Advanced Recovery Feature can be purchased separately and used with various Db2 Editions.
Db2 Advanced Recovery Feature includes:
- Backup capabilities through IBM Db2 Merge Backup for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Recovery and log analysis features through IBM Db2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Unload functions through IBM Optim High Performance Unload for Db2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Back up databases more efficiently to lessen impact on production systems and shorten recovery times.
- Maintain current, full backups that can be restored quickly.
- Create a backup and recovery strategy that helps meet service-level agreements (SLAs) for accuracy and responsiveness.
Recovery and log analysis features
- Recover with more speed, flexibility and precise granularity while protecting mission-critical business data.
- Reduce impacts on production using remote log analysis.
- Eliminate the need to resort to full database recovery and significantly reduce recovery time and associated resources.
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with pure unload performance. Perform high-speed unloads from live databases or backup files.
- Lessen production impact and help reduce storage cost by rapidly unloading, extracting and repartitioning data throughout the enterprise.
- Improve regulatory compliance with increased data protection during the unload operation.
- Increase data availability, mitigate risk and accelerate the delivery of full database migrations.
Db2 Advanced Recovery Feature resources