Take command of your data sets to improve IT productivity.
IBM® Data Set Commander for z/OS® delivers interactive and batch capabilities for managing, monitoring and manipulating partitioned data sets to improve IT productivity.
IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS provides the following key features:
- Enhances z/OS IEBCOPY batch capability to help application and system programmers manage and manipulate partitioned and sequential data sets.
- Monitors LLA-related events and automatically refreshes the Library Lookaside (LLA) directory entries and Virtual Lookaside Facility (VLF) objects of updated LLA-managed members to help manage LLA and VLF operations.
- Enhances z/OS audit capability and combines with z/OS capabilities to generate an audit trail for tracking Partitioned Data Set (PDS) and Partitioned Data Set Extended (PDSE) member level activity.
- Enhances ISPF with additional commands, shortcuts and improvements to most major functions to reduce keystrokes, save time, eliminate errors, and make users more productive.
- Enhances z/OS PDSE member generations support with additional capabilities for managing and manipulating PDSE member generations.
Enhances z/OS IEBCOPY batch capability
- Empty and compress a physical sequential data set, a PDS or a PDSE.
- Delete, rename and add alias names to members of a PDS or PDSE.
- Copy, delete and recover PDSE member generations.
- Recover deleted PDS members.
- Create or import a DSC-managed list of member titles for a PDS or PDSE.
Monitors LLA-related events
- Automatically refreshes the LLA directory entries and VLF objects of updated LLA-managed members—load as well as source modules—across the sysplex.
- Synchronizes LLA cache and updated directory entries during DSC Monitor startup and LLA group activation.
- Shows names of members with directory entries that are out of synch with LLA.
- Provides a menu-driven operator interface.
Enhances z/OS audit capability
- Automatically generates System Management Facility (SMF) records when copying PDS to PDS or sequential data sets to PDS.
- Provides filtering of all SMF records to select which records to track and which ones not to track.
- Enhances most major Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) functions, including browse, edit, Time Sharing Option (TSO) shell, Data Set List (DSLIST) and UNDELETE.
- Provides additional commands, shortcuts, navigational and productivity enhancements to the standard ISPF interface.
- Provides History List for managing most recently accessed data sets and members.
- Provides Object List (OLIST) functionality for managing lists of libraries matching various selection criteria such as name patterns, object type and others.
- Searches for volumes, data sets, members and text within members.
Enhances z/OS PDSE member generations capability
- Is the only offering to fully exploit PDSE member generations.
- Displays a member list with all member generations from which users may browse, edit, copy, delete and restore PDSE member generations both online and in batch.
- Provides a CLONE command to facilitate the conversion of PDSs to PDSEs to take advantage of PDSE automatic space reuse capability.
- Supports other z/OS PDSE enhancements such as improved space utilization and read performance, reduced CPU usage and reduced I/O.
IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS resources