Overcome dependency on unreliable FTP and help reduce IT resources
Organizations depend on the reliable movement of files, from batch integration, to the movement of large images or catalogs, to the synchronization with remote locations.
In this new era of rigorous security and shorter processing windows, IBM® Sterling Connect:Direct® provides security-rich, point-to-point file transfers that can eliminate dependency on unreliable File Transfer Protocol (FTP) transfers. It is optimized for high-volume, assured delivery of files within and among enterprises. Sterling Connect:Direct can deliver your files with
- Predictable, assured file delivery through automated scheduling, checkpoint restart and automatic recovery.
- Security-rich transfers that help keep customer information private and aid regulatory compliance measures.
- High performance that can handle your most demanding workloads, from high volumes of small files to multi-gigabyte files.
When your organization needs to have the right file at the right time, using an unreliable file transfer solution is a risk that you just can’t afford to take. IBM Sterling Connect:Direct can give you the peace of mind with capabilities that include:
Predictable, assured file delivery
- Supports 24x7 unattended operations.
- Schedules jobs on a one-time, recurring or continuous basis.
- Assigns and manages file transfer workloads.
- Automates recovery from network interruptions.
- Provides alerts to users automatically, notifying them of the success or failure of file transfers.
- Offer user authentication, data encryption through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) and X.509 certificates for authentication.
- Perform Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) checking.
- Provide a thorough audit trail of data movement through extensive statistics logs that can aid compliance.
- Meet Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 and Common Criteria certifications.
- Overcomes latency issues in TCP/IP protocol.
- Increases transfer speed for large files over high-speed networks by up to four times their previous speed.
- Adds Sterling Connect:Direct capabilities to existing FTP transfers to provide assured delivery, automatic retry, compression and checkpoint and restart.
- Supports a wide range of platforms, including z/OS, OpenVMS, i5/OS, Microsoft™ Windows™, UNIX® and Linux®.
- Works with a wide range of network protocols, including TCP/IP, Systems Network Architecture (SNA), and User Datagram Protocol (UDP)-based data transfer protocol (UDT).