Business analysis, planning, budgeting and forecasting for midsize organizations
IBM® Cognos® Express Performance Management User helps midsize organizations gain deeper insights into business performance and react more quickly to changing business conditions. It combines Microsoft Excel® based business analysis and optimization with intuitive tools for planning, budgeting and forecasting, providing businesses with an alternative to manual spreadsheet and planning processes.
Cognos Express Performance Management User provides:
- What-if modeling—for more accurate results when building and testing business scenarios.
- Streamlined information gathering, aggregation and analysis—for continuous planning, budgeting, forecasting and scorecarding.
- An intuitive planning environment—that combines a managed workflow with analysis for improved business agility.
- Enhanced analysis features—including filtering, role-based security and audit trails.
- Tight integration with Microsoft Excel—helping you overcome the risks and limitations of spreadsheet processes and centrally manage data.
- Modeling of what-if alternatives allows individuals and teams to respond to changing business conditions quickly.
- Write-back capabilities link modeling results with business optimization and planning.
- Scenarios can be created and tested, and ad hoc changes can be written back to operational systems or data warehouses.
Streamlined information gathering, aggregation and analysis
- Integrated scorecarding provides an accurate way to measure progress toward planned objectives.
- A managed contribution model collects input from systems and staff in any division or location through either a web- or desktop-based interface.
- In-memory analytics engine delivers multidimensional analysis that can lead to greater operating efficiency.
- Managers can quickly assemble, model and deploy planning solutions while monitoring the status of every participant in the process.
- Users have the flexibility to track, review, annotate and submit plans and budgets from their iPads and Android devices.
- Prebuilt blueprints support key business optimization tasks including expense and capital planning, workforce management and profitability analysis.
An intuitive planning environment
- Business users can create plans, contribute plan data and view current plans without programming skills.
- Planning templates are available to add data and create personalized hierarchies and dimensions.
- The graphical user interface and drag-and-drop functionality simplify the building of planning and analysis models.
- Data can be rolled up according to business needs, such as adding a new department structure or modifying a product mix.
Advanced analysis features
- Complex analysis includes the ability to drill down, sort, link and chart data.
- Advanced filtering features such as hierarchy leveling, attribute values and element names enable users to produce more detailed simulations.
- Driver-based planning includes features such as pick lists, multipane docking and color-coded data changes that focus on key business drivers.
- Role-based security, structured workflows and clear audit trails improve accountability and accuracy.
- Dynamic modeling of hierarchies and dimensions provides custom views for different users.
Tight integration with Microsoft Excel
- Business users can work within an Excel environment to create custom analysis and build what-if business scenarios.
- An Excel or web-based interface can be used to contribute data and author reports.