Business process management for content and case-centric process
IBM® Case Foundation, formerly IBM FileNet® Business Process Manager, provides a platform for content-centric business process management (BPM). It enables organizations to create, manage and optimize case-based processes to help increase process performance, reduce cycle times and improve productivity and decision making. Case Foundation is the integrated task and business process management platform required for IBM Case Manager.
- Provides extensive content-centric business process management capabilities to deliver automated tools and on-demand information.
- Enables active content to make information available quickly and in context so users don't have to search for it.
- Integrates with the IBM Enterprise Content Management (ECM) family of products for expansive ECM capabilities.
- Supports industry standards for easier compatibility with commonly used applications and environments.
Provides extensive content-centric business process management capabilities
- Works with electronic forms for easier data input, automated validation and greater user acceptance.
- Offers a rapid application development framework through IBM Content Navigator.
- Includes process design and simulation tools.
- Delivers near real-time monitoring capability with actionable alerts.
- Provides thorough historical process analytics with numerous prebuilt reports.
Enables active content
- Uses automated workflows for improved task completeness and timeliness.
- Includes event and subscription capabilities to deliver active content.
- Offers business rules to drive automated actions triggered by active content changes.
- Enables you to process work faster to help improve productivity and reduce processing and research costs.
- Automates processes that are triggered by customer events to help you react more quickly to customer demands.
Integrates with the IBM ECM family of products
- Integrates with Enterprise Records software to allow automation of records management events.
- Enables Content Manager Enterprise Edition events to launch processes. These processes can operate on Content Manager content.
- Works with Content Manager OnDemand products.
- Provides the foundation for IBM Case Manager.
- Tightly couples with IBM FileNet Content Manager for extended ECM functions.
Supports industry standards
- Uses Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) for process modeling.
- Works with XML Process Definition Language (XPDL) for process definition and execution.
- Operates in the Java® Enterprise Edition (JEE) environment.
Display available work to be performed in public and private work queues from Content Navigator
Process work items from workflows through Content Navigator step processors
Design workflows in an intuitive, easy to use graphical user interface with the Process Designer
Analyze both active and historical process data through actionable, high-level dashboards to stay ahead of your business with Case Monitor.
IBM Case Foundation
Build workflow solutions for content and case-centric processes
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available to buy online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.