Audit, impact analysis, build and deployment tools for IBM i software development
ARCAD Pack for Rational® provides modern development enhancements to Rational Team Concert™ and Rational Developer for i. Designed specifically to complement these Rational products, ARCAD Pack provides a modern collaborative development environment, supporting both agile and traditional methods. ARCAD Pack for Rational uses deep dependency analysis to provide audit, impact analysis, intelligent build and deployment capabilities and also allows RPG code to be converted to the latest free format RPG specifications.
ARCAD Pack for Rational helps IBM i development teams deliver high quality software faster based on six main components:
- ARCAD-Observer – provides in-depth application analysis and visualization.
- ARCAD-Builder – supports complex integration builds of composite IBM i applications.
- ARCAD-Deliver – automates and synchronizes deployment across multiple platforms with automatic rollback on error.
- ARCAD-Audit – provides IBM i code audit and restructuring.
- ARCAD-Converter – converts RPG to free form RPG.
- CASE and 4GL support – allows CASE/4GL environments to be managed.
- Provides deep dependency analysis and powerful change impact analysis coupled with graphical presentation and reporting, giving analysts and developers a much faster understanding of applications.
- Automates program and application documentation production.
- Synchronizes dependency information with code residing in Rational Team Concert.
- Integrates with Rational Developer for i for making dependency information available to developers when and where they need it.
- Automate 100 percent of the build process for any type of IBM i component.
- Manage and save data; automatically restore into new file structure.
- Automate the re-compilation sequencing of dependent components.
- Manage all compilation specifics, such as SQL and ILE compilations.
- Use ARCAD-Builder with Rational Team Concert.
- Deploys any type of files to any number of servers that host UNIX, AIX®, Linux, Windows and IBM i operating systems.
- Coordinates deployment of all platforms components in a single transfer.
- Allows return to the previous release at any stage during the implementation, using automatic rollback.
- Provides validated integration with Rational Team Concert.
- Analyzes libraries and source code to identify relationships between components (such as programs and files), databases and work fields.
- Identifies application components that are no longer used.
- Provides tools for rapid clean-up of applications: compare, archive, compile and delete obsolete components with full traceability and security.
- Cleans applications prior to loading Rational Team Concert.
- Converts RPG to free form RPG.
- Supports the latest language specifications.
- Includes Rational Developer for i plug-in.
- Provides one-off or bulk conversion.
4GL and CASE support
- Allows CASE and 4GL tools to be managed.
- Supports CA 2E (SYNON), LANSA, Adelia and JDE (JE Edwards) tools.
- Provides integration with native development IDEs.
- Is integrated with Rational Team Concert.
ARCAD Pack for Rational resources