A modern approach for processing appeals and legal decisions
Cúram Appeals is an automated solution that provides comprehensive support for the appeals and fair hearings process. Cúram Appeals automates the intake, hearings and decision processes, in addition to processes and sub-processes consisting of registering, tracking and managing all participants in the appeals process. Cúram Appeals supports multi-level appeals in which multiple issues for one appellant and respondent can be viewed at a single appeals hearing.
Cúram Appeals provides:
- Configurable multi-level appeals processing allows administrators to configure the solution to meet the unique appeals process requirements of each organization.
- Legal actions framework enables organizations to administer and manage legal activities driven by legal authorities.
- Automated scheduling and notification provides built-in support for required timeliness standards with automated scheduling of hearing officials.
Configurable multi-level appeals processing
- Provides pre-built structure to facilitate appeals processing.
- Handles three levels of the appeals process: hearing cases, hearing reviews and judicial reviews, with the ability to configure additional levels if needed
- Supports desk-based hearings, automated scheduling and hearing dispositions for all cases.
Legal actions framework
- Legal petition manages key content such as petition number, court location, judge, respondent, etc.; petitions vary by social program such as youth justice case transfers or new facility assignment within Child Welfare.
- Legal hearing facilitates end-to-end process, as well as the recording of relevant information including docket number, court location, magistrate and outcome.
- Legal order provides the ability to document the results of a legal hearing which is often a direct order from a legal authority; key legal order details managed within the solution will be based on the type of program involved such as conditions of release or adoption order specifics.
Automated scheduling and notification
- Both the transcription and the recorded hearing can be attached to the appeals case.
- Once an appeals decision is rendered at any level, customized notices can be sent to all parties involved in the appeal
- Over 30 customizable notices are available for communicating appeals decisions.
Curam Social Program Management Platform is required to implement Curam Appeals.