Create, Socialize, and Manage APIs On Premise
IBM® API Management provides companies with the tools for creating, proxying, assembling, securing, scaling and socializing web APIs. Equipped with a customizable developer portal, this solution enables you to attract and engage with application developers to foster an increased usage of the published APIs. IBM API Management's robust administration portal allows companies to easily establish policies for critical API attributes like self-registration, quotas, key management, and security policies. The robust analytics engine provides valuable role-based insight for API owners, solution administrators, and application developers
IBM API Management provides value for each key user in the API economy
- Application developers can easily find, understand, and have tools to help them consume the API, and are able to manage their application and understand its consumption.
- API Developer can create, secure, control, deploy, analyze, and manage SOAP and REST APIs and services for internal or external consumption quickly through a single console.
- API business owner can advertise, market, socialize and sell APIs as a product in developer communities (private, partner, and public) worldwide.
- IT operations staff can easily manage and upgrade the API environment to use existing investments in DataPower with the ability to monitor and scale without disruption to service.
With IBM API Management, you can:
- Configure your API management solution and rapidly create APIs from existing business assets or cloud services through configuration and a no-coding approach.
- Manage your APIs with business-level controls by setting varying levels of consumption entitlements and the ability to manage the application developer.
- Transform and grow your business with insights through detailed analytics with structured filtered searches and navigation capabilities.
- Acquire partners and innovative application developers, both internally and externally, through an attractive developer portal that can be tailored to your brand.
- Reduce resolution time with supplied operational monitoring and debugging capabilities.
API Management is a complete solution that offers critical API and service management features, that includes:
- Managed self-service: Rapid, secure, and dynamic onboarding of application developers who use APIs and services with a complete self- service, developer experience.
- Empowered developers: Developers can register their application, select API entitlement levels, and monitor their API usage.
- Visibility: Monitor use of APIs and services, and charge back developers for API usage.
- Rapid API proxying and assembly: API assembly and proxying capabilities allow rapid creation of APIs from existing business assets or cloud services through configuration. These API assembly capabilities are enabled by seamless integration with WebSphere DataPower appliances.
- Support for iterative development and API versioning: Changes can be made dynamically to an existing API implementation. Reactivating new versions of the API can be performed in a non-disruptive, highly available manner.
- Security and robust scalability capabilities: Access to APIs can be managed by using a combination of API keys and secret keys, and application users can be authenticated using HTTP basic authentication or OAuth 2.0. The solution provides built-in caching, quota management, and flood control, and can be configured to exploit existing DataPower appliances.
- Business analytics and operational metrics: Detailed business analytics and operational metrics help you analyze how your company's products are utilized. You can also view how well the APIs are performing and are being used by developers.
- Ability to import existing APIs and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)-based web services: The API provider can derive Representational State Transfer (REST)-based APIs by assembling REST and SOAP based services. The API provider can also discover web services from WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR).
- Ability to nurture innovation: The developer community can help the innovative application developers, whether they are private, partner, or public to develop applications. This can expand a business's brand loyalty and open new channels of business to attract existing partners.
- Highly secure API support that is provided by IBM DataPower Gateway: API Management requires and integrates with DataPower Gateway Appliances, which enables integration of API, web, Mobile, SOA and B2B workloads in a single, highly secure, highly consumable physical or virtual appliance.
Create, Socialize, and Manage APIs On Premise
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs.