Enterprise report management and electronic statement retrieval on System z
and present digital information
IBM® Content Manager OnDemand for z/OS® provides enterprise report management that delivers instant electronic access to bills, statements and other print archive information. It helps companies respond more quickly to customer inquiries and manage access to electronic reports used to communicate activities and performance throughout an organization. IBM Content Manager OnDemand for z/OS helps reduce print, storage and distribution costs to support an environmentally friendly content delivery solution.
IBM has announced new features and enhancements to Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD) v10.1 for z/OS.
The new capabilities include:
- Content encryption: automatically encrypts the content being stored in storage tiers to improve security, regardless of the type of storage or storage manager that is being used
- Digital hash for documents: stores documents along with a 256-bit digital hash or digital signature to avoid altercations
- Unique document ID: allows for every document to be uniquely identified without having to reference any other document metadata information
- Support for 64-bit z/OS
- Updated OS/390 indexer and cross-platform availability of OS/390 indexer: OS/390 indexer is a 64-bit C/C++ application that is compatible with existing user exits written in COBOL
- Restricted Read-only Administration: privileges for administrators can be restricted that limits their privileges to read definitions of various application groups, folder, etc and administer CMOD, but does not give them privilege to access any content (reports, documents, statements etc) stored in CMOD
- Premium Feature Pack for zOS (a new chargeable component): includes optional features of CMOD natively supported on zOS (OnDemand Distribution Facility, and Enhanced Retention Management) and can be licensed on a per-install basis
- OnDemand Distribution Facility (ODF): eliminates platform specific functional differences and helps simplify report distribution activities - including distributing reports to users and notifying users when reports or individual documents are ready
In addition, these capabilities below that were included in previous versions are still included in CMOD v10.1 for z/OS:
- XML Indexer: provides the ability to automatically store XML documents and resources into the Content Manager OnDemand repository
- Documents are extracted and normalized during indexing; resources are extracted and archived with the data to minimize storage requirements
- Style sheets enable the display of XML documents to be optimized by device – e.g., mobile, tablet or laptop – and to meet accessibility requirements
- Document Store API: enables documents to be loaded through the OnDemand Web Enablement Kit (ODWEK) Java API
- Documents are stored in a similar way to documents stored using the traditional batch loading process of Content Manager OnDemand
- Documents loaded with the Document Store API can participate in Enhanced Retention Management, Full Text Search, and have a full range of expiration options
- Support for additional languages: with additional support for Russian and Turkish, Content Manager OnDemand now supports a total of 26 languages
- Users can now optionally specify folder names and descriptions in additional multiple languages
Not in Netherlands?