Add maximum availability to maximum network security
The IBM Security Network Active Bypass offers “failure case” protection to ensure the availability of a network protected by IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention Systems.
Maximize both network security and availability with IBM Security Network Active Bypass deployed with IBM Security Network IPS. If the IPS appliance fails for any reason, the bypass is designed to ensure the network remains functional and users have unimpeded access to important applications.
- Maximizes network availability by minimizing “time to failover” if a network IPS appliance fails for any reason
- Enables uninterrupted access to applications by maintaining link state during bypass operations
- Powers high availability network IPS deployments where traffic is routed to a back-up IPS appliance if the primary IPS appliance fails for any reason
- Simplifies troubleshooting with SNMP trap support and e-mail support
- Supports up to four network segments in any combination of Copper, MM Fiber and SM fiber
- Enables simple installation with a self-generating heartbeat, that eliminates the need for drivers or additional software installation
- Offers copper-to-fiber conversion capability to reduce cost of fiber optics support
- Supports 10/100/1000 base, 1 Gigabit, TX (Copper), SX (Multimode) & LX (Single mode)