Manage, predict and optimize application and infrastructure performance
IBM® Application Performance Management (APM) intelligently monitors, analyzes and manages cloud, on-premises and hybrid applications and IT infrastructure. It enables you to monitor your users’ experience and improve the stability of your application infrastructure. It helps identify the root cause of issues quickly to proactively prevent outages and keep users satisfied.
IBM Application Performance Management provides:
- End-user experience management to help you understand how the application is performing from the user’s perspective.
- Transaction tracking so you can understand how the application is performing during an actual business transaction.
- Diagnostics for root cause analysis of bottlenecks and performance degradations.
- Analytics to provide insight and help you manage dynamic trends.
- Discovery of application components in system environments.
End-user experience management
- Tracks end-user experiences throughout heterogeneous environments.
- Provides non-invasive user performance monitoring to help ensure compliance with service level agreements.
- Is designed for easy deployment.
- Can extend to certain applications running on mobile devices.
- Identifies and isolates performance problems.
- Helps accelerate the repair process to minimize business impact.
- Supports agentless technology. Agentless tracking allows you to quickly deploy transaction tracking throughout the entire IT infrastructure for critical applications and services.
- Also supports agent technology. You can selectively deploy agents to provide more data.
- Provides impact analysis dashboards, which identify users affected by a failed transaction.
- Facilitates diagnosis and repair of application performance issues.
- Helps determine the performance management issue and root cause, and then accelerates the repair process to help minimize business impact.
- Provides predictive analytics and capacity planning for proactive management.
- Uncovers hidden trends and patterns.
- Includes forecasting, trending and capacity analytics to help reduce outages, improve performance and optimize utilization.
- Provides visibility into the components of composite applications and helps speed problem resolution.
- Helps you identify composite applications components and automatically maps transaction topology.
IBM Application Performance Management resources