Accelerate and simplify data migration to DB2
IBM z/OS Tools
Are your tools up to the task?
IBM® CICS® VSAM Transparency helps you move valuable data from VSAM files to DB2 tables. This migration can evolve as your business requirements dictate, without having to modify your CICS and batch VSAM application programs. You can access the DB2 data 24/7, as well as integrate your data with new and existing DB2 applications, preserving your core investments while avoiding costly, complex application rewrites.
CICS VSAM Transparency makes it easier to work with VSAM data with accessibility through a database management system:
CICS VSAM Transparency for z/OS
CICS VT V2.1 runs on any S/390 or IBM eServer zSeries machine on which the applicable operating system and software will run.
CICS VT V2.1 is designed to be used with CICS TS V4.2 (5655-S97), where it supports fully the new function of the latest version of CICS TS. CICS VT V2.1 can also be used with CICS TS V3 (5655-M15).
CICS VT V2.1 will run with any supported level of operating system with which the applicable CICS TS runs.
CICS VT V2.1 requires System Modification Program/Extended (SMP/E) of the supported z/OS or OS/390 system (5655-G44) for installation and maintenance. It operates with the following CICS configurations:
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a README file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
- Transaction processing
- CICS Batch Application Control for z/OS
- CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS
- CICS Explorer
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Modernization Solution Pack for z/OS
- CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Transaction Gateway Desktop Edition
- CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms
- CICS Transaction Gateway for z/OS
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Developer Trial
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V4.2
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Value Unit Edition
- CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS
- CICS VSAM Transparency for z/OS
- TXSeries for Multiplatforms
- WebSphere Transaction Cluster Facility
- z/Transaction Processing Facility Enterprise Edition
- z/Transaction Processing Facility Database Facility