Lightweight development and production runtime for web applications
IBM® WebSphere® Application Server Liberty Core is an edition of WebSphere Application Server focused on the lightweight and dynamic Liberty profile of the application server and which contains the subset of Liberty features required for the Java EE 6 Web Profile. Designed for web applications that do not require a full Java EE stack, WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core is certified to the Java EE 6 Web Profile specification.
The capabilities available in the WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core are a subset of the Liberty profile features provided in IBM WebSphere Application Server editions. It helps you respond to enterprise and market needs more quickly by enabling less complex, rapid development and deployment of web and mobile applications using fewer resources.
IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core helps you:
- Increase developer productivity with open standards and broad programming models, including lightweight options for web deployments.
- Deliver custom applications via extensions to the Liberty profile.
- Package, deploy and provision your applications most efficiently by including the features that your applications require.
Increase developer productivity
- Delivers fast time-to-value based on the lightweight Liberty profile for less complex development and shorter time to deployment of web applications.
- Uses a small footprint for faster download and startup, affording more development time and faster time to deployment.
- Provides Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) Web Profile support and certification.
- Offers developer tool options that match project development needs.
- Continues to grow the Liberty profile ecosystem with how-to samples and blog entries about integrating third-party lifecycle tools.
Deliver custom applications
- An extensible environment using Liberty profile System Programming Interface helps you add custom features and provides deeper integration with the runtime environment.
- Ability to integrate third-party capabilities with full lifecycle management.
- Open source alternative with WebSphere Qualities of Service.
- Clear migration path up the stack to other WebSphere Application Server editions.
Package and deploy applications
- Simple means of packaging applications—including configuration—for deployment.
- Ability to create minimal sized application packages to ease embedding and help provide maximum density deployment.
- Highly flexible, dynamic environment with an entry price point suitable for both customers and partners.
WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core resources