Gain visibility into applications and their IT infrastructure dependencies
IBM® Tivoli® Application Dependency Discovery Manager provides robust and automated discovery and application mapping for building an inventory of applications, configurations and dependencies. This software builds application maps that give you visibility into your complex application infrastructure. It helps administrators understand the structure, status, configuration and change history of their interdependent business applications.
Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager:
- Effectively discovers your most critical resources. Performs agentless discovery and stores information on applications and their dependencies.
- Provides a clear view of interdependencies between servers, applications, network devices, software, configuration files, operating systems and other IT infrastructure components.
- Interoperates seamlessly with business operations tools. Rapidly isolate configuration-related application problems and speed troubleshooting.
- Helps you understand change and control its effects throughout the infrastructure.
- Creates a shared topological view of applications for use by other management applications such as incident management, monitoring and provisioning tools.
Effectively discovers your most critical resources
- Performs agentless discovery and stores information on applications and their dependencies
- Enables multiple, concurrent discovery jobs to be supported on a single discovery server
- Supports streaming mode, where discovered data flows in parallel from multiple discovery servers to your enterprise database
- Provides asynchronous discovery so that discovered data is more accurate and business service views are current
- Supports credential-free manual script discovery for systems where access is not allowed or where credentials are difficult to obtain
- Efficiently works across distributed and mainframe platforms
Provides a clear view of interdependencies
- Identifies the interdependencies between servers, applications, network devices, software, configuration files, operating systems and other IT infrastructure components
- Tracks the IT resources in your environment and the dependencies of your business applications on various components.
- Enhances management of physical, virtual and cloud environments
Interoperates seamlessly with business operations tools
- Highlights which resources are not being monitored
- Expedites isolation of configuration-related application problems and troubleshooting
- Provides “proactive discovery” to reconcile discovery and monitoring data to help speed time to resolution
- Launches in context to Tivoli Monitoring for performance and availability metrics
- Detects underutilized servers
Helps you understand change and control its effects throughout the infrastructure.
- Determine if a configuration has changed to highlight potential impacts to the health of a business application
- See what has changed on virtualized servers
- Gain insight into how potential changes might impact application infrastructure dependencies
Creates a shared topological view of applications
- Creates and maintains topology views that describe runtime dependencies and include critical configuration values and change histories
- Can be leveraged by other management applications such as incident management, monitoring and provisioning tools
Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager resources
Gain visibility into applications and their IT infrastructure dependencies to manage business proactively
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs.