IBM® InfoSphere™ Classic Federation Server for z/OS® offers direct virtualized SQL access to mainframe data sources.
It supports Windows® and UNIX® tools and applications and provides federated read and write access to data stored in a wide variety of databases.
- Can access data stored in VSAM, IMS, CA-IDMS, CA-Datacom, Software AG Adabas, and DB2® UDB for z/OS® databases by dynamically translating JDBC and ODBC SQL statements into native read/write APIs. Classic Federation Server for z/OS V9.5 now supports new 64-bit Clients and JDBC 3.0 SQL.
- It is driven by metadata that contains a mapping of physical databases and files to logical relational tables, mainframe data appears to be one relational database and supports SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE SQL statements and stored procedure calls.
- Delivers enterprise-wide structured and unstructured data integration when combined with InfoSphere Federation Server.
- Classic Federation Server includes improved DB2 data access performance, 64-bit client platforms, enhanced automation of support for redefined data, as well as improved flexibility in handling IMS PCB selection.
- Classic Federation Server v9.5 provides extensions to the Classic Data Architect to help automate the creation of metadata for more users and extend visual metadata management to more complex scenarios. This improves the usability of the tool while also enabling more rapid metadata creation and management.
- Classic Federation Server for z/OS V9.5 provides an interactive view of the actual settings as well as a means for temporarily and permanently changing configuration settings. This greatly simplifies the management of the operational platform and performance optimization processes.