A rapid application development environment for e-business
- Provides a fast path to creating scalable e-busienss systems based on WebSphere Application Server
- Speeds the deployment of B2B (Business to Business) applications based on MQSeries
- Integrates fully with VisualAge for Java to provide a Java-based development and test environment for the creation of Java GUIs, applets and servlets, as well as new transactional server programs
- Delivers Enterprise Java Bean support by allowing VA Generator server programs to be invoked from Java clients via an Enterprise Java Bean component (session bean)
- Generates Java server code for Windows2000 and WindowsNT
- Speeds the development of systems accessing legacy systems data on DL/1, VSAM, and OS/400 files
IBM VisualAge Generator is a powerful high-end, rapid application development environment for building and deploying e-business applications. VisualAge Generator delivers high-volume transaction processing in multi-tier, multi-platform e-business environments, masking the complexity of data and communications connections. Developers with little or no Java expertise can implement end-to-end Java e-business systems. Object-Oriented and Java developers can implement systems running on traditional transactional platforms, accessing legacy data, with no need to become mainframe experts.