Adaptive execution framework automates, accelerates and standardizes software assembly
IBM® Rational® Build Forge® Standard Edition is an adaptive execution framework that helps automate and standardize the software assembly process. Rational Build Forge helps teams standardize repetitive tasks, improve software quality and manage compliance mandates. This software scales to 25 seats.
Rational Build Forge Standard Edition delivers:
- Flexibility—gives developers self-service access to preconfigured build processes from within their integrated development environment (IDE). You can add IBM Rational software products to further enhance automation, reporting and integration.
- Productivity—accelerates build and release cycles through iterative development, parallel processes and efficient use of hardware.
- Compliance—simplifies compliance management with self-documenting audit trails and role-based security.
- Compatibility—increases team efficiency with centralized build and release management using the tools you have today.
- Web console for centralized user and administration access provides a consolidated, real-time view of software assembly processes.
- Integration with leading IDEs gives you easy access to software assembly processes and allows you to work in your preferred environment.
- Configurable user interface points to any other tool for easy, fast access. Also improves integration between tools.
- Add-on software products include IBM Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere®, IBM Rational Build Forge Quick Report and IBM Rational Build Forge Adaptor Toolkit.
- Job process optimization helps ensure jobs are automatically run in the most efficient matter. Rational Build Forge can analyze, sequence and optimize job runs.
- Project configuration snapshots easily manage various project configurations and preserve historical process definitions.
- Error log filtering and automated email notifications help you quickly detect and resolve errors.
- With multiple scheduling options, you can execute builds at a specific date and time, or you can execute builds perpetually based on source file changes. Parallel execution allows you to run jobs concurrently for faster completion and the most efficient use of hardware.
- Advanced reporting improves project visibility and identifies bottlenecks so you can improve operations. Really Simple Syndication (RSS) data feeds give you real-time targeted information.
- Through consistent tracking and documentation, Rational Build Forge can deliver ongoing audit trails for compliance management without manual effort.
- Role-based security and user authentication (including password encryption) enable security-rich, controlled user access. Notification and alerts inform you if someone violates your IT controls.
- Rational Build Forge tracks and stores comprehensive data on builds, releases and related tasks to provide a detailed bill of materials. This facilitates faster problem resolution, better reproducibility and compliance management.
- Rational Build Forge is compatible with existing scripts, batch files, development tools and processes. The software has no new proprietary scripting languages.
- Adapters give you an integrated project view. They integrate with software configuration management, testing and software change management solutions.
- Rational Build Forge includes IBM Installation Manager. You gain the same installation experience on both Microsoft® Windows® and UNIX®.
- Distributed, multiplatform support allows you to work across different environments.
- Unicode support for multibyte content enables international projects.
Rational Build Forge Standard Edition resources