Improve development and maintainability of decision logic on the mainframe
IBM® Business Rules for z/OS® brings rule application development and execution to mainframe systems to improve policy change management and automate decision making. It facilitates the ability to move from manually coding rules to service-based rule execution as part of a progressive application modernization strategy.
IBM Business Rules for z/OS:
- Externalizes business logic from application code to boost productivity and accelerate time to market.
- Delivers tools and environments designed specifically for different technical stakeholders.
- Provides a flexible approach to application modernization efforts with three different deployment options for rules.
Externalizes business logic from application code.
- Applications can be developed and maintained with less time, effort and cost.
- Decision logic can be maintained, governed and implemented more easily as it evolves over time.
- Decision logic can be more easily accessible and reuseable across the organization.
- Rules can be defined in a customizable business vocabulary and shared across business applications.
Delivers tools and environments designed specifically for different technical stakeholders.
- Covers the major stakeholders—Application Developers, Systems Architects and IT Operations.
- Helps you revitalize existing application portfolios and increase flexibility.
- Helps you maximize business agility by bridging organizational silos.
- Increases system utilization by leveraging mainframe capabilities.
Provides a flexible approach to application modernization efforts
- zRule Execution Server for z/OS provides enhanced rule execution for batch and CICS® COBOL applications.
- Rule Execution Server on IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS provides the runtime for rule applications on a Java and service-oriented architecture (SOA) mainframe architecture or WebSphere Application Server for z/OS.
- Generated COBOL rule subprograms provide an option to execute decision logic within core application code.
- The same rules can be leveraged across any or all of the available deployment options.
IBM Business Rules for z/OS Resources