Deliver a composite application to managed clients
IBM® Lotus® Expeditor creates a composite application that runs on managed clients. It includes a standards-based toolkit to build a composite application from components of existing applications. It provides client integration tools to deploy and manage a composite application
as part of a flexible, service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment.
Lotus Expeditor features include:
- Integration framework—for developing a composite application that runs on managed clients to help support efficient business processes.
- Comprehensive integration tools—to manage and deploy a composite application.
- Application development toolkit—to build a composite application more quickly.
- Compatibility with a range of applications and platforms—for easier and security-rich integration with your computing environment.
- Delivers a composite application on managed clients such as desktops, laptops, tablets, kiosks and mobile devices to help improve business responsiveness by eliminating time spent switching between applications.
- Combines different application types, including browser-based software and client and server applications, in one composite application.
- Supplies users with one aggregate view of all critical business information, such as inventory data and customer relationship information, to help improve efficiency.
- Accesses one composite application at any time, with or without network connectivity, to enable users to work without interruption.
- Connects software components in a composite application directly with enterprise applications for seamless back-end processing and data synchronization.
Comprehensive integration tools
- Build and deploy a composite application rapidly with the Lotus Expeditor toolkit which uses open standards based on Eclipse and Open Service Gateway initiative technologies.
- Use the Lotus Expeditor server to centrally manage software deployment to clients and provide connectors to enterprise applications and data.
- Create and deliver portlets to managed clients using the Lotus Expeditor network client installer.
- Provide transaction integration for satellite locations, such as retail outlets and remote offices, using Lotus Expeditor integrator software which provides an integration hub for transactional messages.
Application development toolkit
- Uses the Lotus Expeditor toolkit to assemble an application by dragging and dropping components onto a workspace and connecting actions and events together—without programming.
- Simplifies the development of a composite application by re-using existing components and using component templates, which can help lower the cost of development.
- Connects the Lotus Expeditor toolkit to your existing Eclipse or IBM Rational® Application Developer environment to help developers build and deploy applications using familiar tools.
- Augments the Eclipse Rich Client platform with security-rich features, middleware and a framework that delivers proven client and transaction integration.
- Supports the development of Eclipse platform-based or web-based applications within a flexible SOA environment that extends a composite application to a variety of clients.
Compatibility with a range of applications and platforms
- Create a composite application by integrating software components from many sources, including IBM WebSphere® Portal, Eclipse Standard Widget Toolkit, Microsoft ActiveX, Java Swing and many others.
- Access multiple data sources through a managed client using a variety of technologies, including transactional messaging with the Lotus Expeditor micro broker component, web services with security-rich features, web containers that support Servlet 2.5/JSP 2.1 and more.
- Integrate Lotus Expeditor software with IBM Sametime®, IBM Notes®, IBM Forms and IBM WebSphere Application Server software, or with legacy applications such as Microsoft .NET, to extend your existing business applications.
- Support the Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2 and provide numerous client security-rich features such as enterprise single sign-on, two-factor authentication and enhanced web services security.
- Work with a variety of operating system platforms including Windows, Linux, IBM AIX®, Citrix and Windows Mobile (client only).
Lotus Expeditor resources