Integrated corporate performance management software
IBM® Clarity 7 is a financial management solution that integrates budgeting, planning, reporting, consolidations, analytics, scorecards and dashboards in a single, unified application. The Clarity 7 interface features a look and feel similar to Microsoft Excel to encourage rapid adoption and provide an intuitive user experience in a web-based application.
- Budgeting, planning and forecasting: Enables users to create standardized corporate reports and data entry templates based on existing company data. These templates and reports are then distributed to a user community for enterprise-wide financial processes, such as budgeting, planning, forecasting and corporate reporting.
- Strategy management: Generate initiatives, evaluate progress toward strategic objectives and provide project management functionality to close the loop between strategy and execution.
- Dashboards and scorecards: Provide visually intuitive information on business performance with overall or targeted views of both financial and operational data.
- Profitability modeling: Create comprehensive profitability models with flexible reporting and advanced financial modeling to deliver actionable insights into both cost and profitability.
Budgeting, planning and forecasting
- Clarity 7 offers the flexibility to perform top-down or bottom-up budgeting.
- Use goal seeking to improve efficiency of data entry.
- Perform what-if budgeting, modeling and analysis.
- Create rolling forecasts with the capability to actualize forecasts as actual results become available.
- Define corporate objectives and measures across different perspectives (e.g., financial, customer, resource requirements, etc.) and set targets, acceptable ranges, and relative weights.
- Create strategy maps to provide a comprehensive visual representation of corporate objectives and measures.
- Model initiatives using a standardized structure for financial and non-financial projections.
- Overlay initiatives on top of “business as usual” plans and compare against targets to assess strategic fit.
- Evaluate progress on strategic initiatives using conditional traffic lights to indicate when metrics are below target, on target, or above target.
Dashboards and scorecards
- Monitor metrics, and understand correlations and trends at a glance with trend analysis dashboards.
- Use advanced drill-down functionality to focus on any metric and analyze the underlying details.
- Build contextual dashboards with configurable visualization objects such as bar charts and line charts, along with integrated security to allow for role-based views.
- Model a customer’s true financial value by examining top-line revenue, cost of goods sold, gross margins and allocations of variable and/or fixed costs.
- Create scenarios and use what-if analysis to determine the sensitivity of profitability to changes in drivers, metrics and activities.
- Explore data with advanced drill-down and visualization options.
- Use configurable business rules to apply appropriate calculations and determine profitability.
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available to buy online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.