Automates and streamlines software assembly in large enterprise environments
IBM® Rational® Build Forge® Enterprise Plus Edition is an adaptive execution framework designed for large enterprises. It automates and accelerates software assembly processes for faster software and systems delivery. This software supports up to 250 concurrent connections.
Rational Build Forge Enterprise Plus Edition delivers:
- Flexibility—gives developers self-service access to preconfigured build processes from within their integrated development environment (IDE).
- Productivity—accelerates build and release cycles through iterative development, parallel processes and efficient use of hardware.
- Compliance—simplifies compliance management with self-documenting audit trails and role-based security.
- Compatibility—increases team efficiency with centralized build and release management using the tools you have in place today.
- Advanced features—provide dynamic server management, an application programming interface (API) and support for global teams.
- Included components—use IBM Rational Automation Framework, IBM Rational Build Forge Quick Report and IBM Rational Build Forge Adaptor Toolkit. These software products are included with Rational Build Forge Enterprise Edition.
- Web console for centralized user and administration access provides a consolidated, real-time view of software assembly processes.
- Integration with leading IDEs gives you easy access to software assembly processes and allows you to work in your preferred environment.
- Configurable user interface points to any other tool for easy, fast access. Also improves integration between tools.
- Job process optimization helps ensure jobs are automatically run in the most efficient matter. Rational Build Forge can analyze, sequence and optimize job runs.
- Project configuration snapshots easily manage various project configurations and preserve historical process definitions.
- Error log filtering and automated email notifications help you quickly detect and resolve errors.
- With multiple scheduling options, you can execute builds at a specific date and time, or you can execute builds perpetually based on source file changes. Parallel execution allows you to run jobs concurrently for faster completion and the most efficient use of hardware.
- Advanced reporting improves project visibility and identifies bottlenecks so you can improve operations. Really Simple Syndication (RSS) data feeds give you real-time targeted information.
- Through consistent tracking and documentation, Rational Build Forge can deliver ongoing audit trails for compliance management without manual effort.
- Role-based security and user authentication (including password encryption) enable security-rich, controlled user access. Notification and alerts inform you if someone violates your IT controls.
- Rational Build Forge tracks and stores comprehensive data on builds, releases and related tasks to provide a detailed bill of materials. This facilitates faster problem resolution, better reproducibility and compliance management.
- Rational Build Forge is compatible with existing scripts, batch files, development tools and processes. The software has no new proprietary scripting languages.
- Adapters give you an integrated project view. They integrate with software configuration management, testing and software change management solutions.
- Rational Build Forge includes IBM Installation Manager. You gain the same installation experience on both Microsoft® Windows® and UNIX®.
- Distributed, multiplatform support allows you to work across different environments.
- Unicode support for multibyte content enables international projects.
- Dynamic server management (server pooling and fault tolerance) optimizes your hardware environment for speed and reliability. Now you can distribute jobs across a server pool to accelerate software assembly cycles.
- An API gives you greater flexibility and choices if you want to customize and extend Rational Build Forge.
- User licenses are not required, which improves availability. Rational Build Forge Enterprise Plus Edition supports up to 250 concurrent connections.
- IBM Rational Automation Framework automates application deployments for IBM WebSphere and WebSphere Portal.
- IBM Rational Build Forge Quick Report is an advanced reporting tool for better visibility and decision support across build and release processes.
- IBM Rational Build Forge Adaptor Toolkit allows easy integration with proprietary and third-party development tools.
Rational Build Forge Enterprise Plus Edition resources