Detects malware-infected devices and determines potential risk
Outsmarting fraudsters with
cognitive fraud detection
IBM® Security Trusteer Pinpoint Malware Detection™ Advanced Edition accurately detects malware-infected devices and determines both the nature of the threat and the potential risk. Organizations receive alerts when malware-infected devices are accessing their websites and can take action to prevent potential fraud.
IBM Security Trusteer Pinpoint Malware Detection Advanced Edition offers:
- Detection of malware-infected devices including personal computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Accurate determination of fraud risk levels to help create a security-rich user experience.
- Alerts for high-risk devices that are sent directly to the fraud team of the organization.
- Malware removal for organizations using IBM Security Trusteer Rapport®.
- High-risk transaction reporting to IBM Security Trusteer Pinpoint™ Criminal Detection and risk engines.
Detection of malware-infected devices
- Offers near real-time detection of man-in-the-browser malware-infected devices.
- Initiates a device analysis to detect malware infections when users access applications protected by the software.
- Provides details on the specific malware kit that was used to generate the malware variant.
- Delivers a transparent experience for the user with no software installation required.
- Detects evolving threats and new attack vectors.
Accurate determination of fraud risk levels
- Determines the fraud risk level for each online transaction, login or other high-risk action.
- Anticipates that malware configured to attack an online application accessed by the infected device represents a higher risk than malware not currently targeting that application.
- Delivers accurate detection with virtually no false positives.
Alerts for high-risk devices
- Notify the fraud team of the potential threat when malware is detected.
- Allow fraud and security personnel to reach out to the customer and address threat mitigation.
- Let the fraud team suspend or review suspicious transactions associated with an infected device or compromised account.
- Removes malware from infected devices and protects against future infections with IBM Security Trusteer Rapport.
- Allows users to safely execute online transactions from their machine.
High-risk transaction reporting
- Feeds malware detection events by email, batch files or direct feeds into IBM Security Trusteer Pinpoint Criminal Detection and third-party risk engines.
- Sends findings to third-party risk engines to help determine both the risk levels of transactions and mitigating activities.
- Reports accounts that are accessed by malware-infected devices to IBM Security Trusteer Pinpoint Criminal Detection to allow detection of account takeover attempts using stolen credentials.
IBM Security Trusteer Pinpoint Malware Detection Advanced Edition resources