Advanced backup and restore capabilities for Domino and Exchange
IBM® Spectrum Protect™ for Mail (formerly IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager for Mail) protects data on email servers running IBM Lotus® Domino® or Microsoft Exchange. This software module for IBM Spectrum Protect enables data protection of your email systems while they are online. It automates data protection, enables hot backups without shutting down the application and improves data restore performance.
IBM Spectrum Protect for Mail:
- Provides item-level recovery of Microsoft Exchange email objects. Search capabilities allow you to recover a user’s mailbox or individual items within the mailbox.
- Enables individual item recovery from Exchange hosted on Virtual Machines when used with IBM Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments.
- Uses APIs provided by vendors to perform online hot backups and improve restores without shutting down the email application—and protects new and changing data to help maintain continuous availability.
- Exploits the Lotus Domino transaction logging feature, which enables the capture and logging of database changes, resulting in less-frequent full backups.
- Uses Microsoft backup APIs to create a copy of the Exchange server storage group databases and the associated transaction logs. IBM Spectrum Protect for Mail can produce the different types of backups specified by the Microsoft backup APIs: full, incremental, differential, copy and database copy backups.