Large-scale analysis of unconventional and diverse data
IBM® InfoSphere® BigInsights™ Standard Edition is an analytics platform, based on open source Apache Hadoop, for analyzing massive volumes of unconventional data in its native format. The software enables advanced analysis and modeling of diverse data, and supports structured, semi-structured and unstructured content to provide maximum flexibility.
InfoSphere BigInsights Standard Edition:
- Fully integrated, completely compatible – Integrated install of Apache Hadoop and associated open source components from the Apache Hadoop ecosystem that is tested and pre-configured.
- Includes Jaql, a declarative query language, to facilitate analysis of both structured and unstructured data.
- Provides a web-based management console for easier administration and real-time views.
- Includes BigSheets, a web-based analysis and visualization tool with a familiar, spreadsheet-like interface that enables easy analysis of large amounts of data and long running data collection jobs.
- Includes Big SQL, a native SQL query engine that enables SQL access to data stored in BigInsights, leveraging MapReduce for complex data sets and direct access for smaller queries.