IBM REXX for CICS helps provide a practical way to perform end-user computing, prototyping and application development.
Provides a high-level, natural to use language to help free programmers from unnecessary detail.
- REXX programs tend to be shorter and easier to follow than programs written in other languages. REXX for CICS does not require a new programmer to learn TSO, ISPF, JCL, COBOL, or significant technical details of CICS.
- Helps boosts application productivity because of its high level, simplicity, strong parsing, 'naturalness' and interpretive support. The interpreter facilitates a reduced development cycle and has excellent source-level interactive debugging capability.
- Interpreted language and application development environment: This allows simplified configuration and management that provides a simple to use editor that runs under CICS. It also enables prototyping and ad hoc systems programming.
- File system: This offers non-shared or read-only shared, unstructured data, along with a hierarchical naming system with no system definition required.
- String handling: This offers easy to parse messages and build text streams and is accepted as the script language on OS/390. It also enables Web-based programming.
- Useful Information: Solutions for Business People.