Improve RACF z/VM administration, auditing and compliance reporting
IBM® Security zSecure™ Manager for RACF® z/VM® improves the efficiency of IBM Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®) administration and auditing compliance. It automates functions to help you optimize IT resources, mitigate complexity, improve security and quality of service, demonstrate regulatory compliance and reduce errors and costs in virtual machine environments.
IBM Security zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM helps you:
- Simplify security administration through efficient automation.
- Minimize threats through automated analysis and reporting.
- Ease database consolidation and verify security effectiveness by merging databases quickly and customizing reports.
- Get answers quickly through analysis of RACF profiles and SMF log files.
- Make reports more usable and improve security and compliance through external file support and integrity breach detection.
Simplify security administration
- Simplify complex tasks using one-step actions that can be performed without extensive RACF knowledge.
- Execute queries in seconds and implement mass changes with little administration.
- View vital z/VM information and identify problems that might require further investigation.
- Rank problems by audit priority with a number indicating the relative impact of a problem.
- Fix or help prevent mistakes before they become a threat to security and compliance.
Ease database consolidation and verify security effectiveness
- Merge security rules from different databases; copy or move users, groups, resources, applications or whole databases; rename IDs within the same database.
- Perform—when merging—extensive consistency checks and report potential conflicts before generating commands.
- Produce reports in email format on a daily or custom schedule only when specific events occur or when there is a security breach.
- Modify displays and reports using CARLa Auditing and Reporting Language (CARLa).
- Run reports under IBM Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) or in batch without changing the CARLa programs.
Get answers quickly
- Read and update the RACF database directly from an OS-formatted disk or a copied or unloaded RACF database.
- Answer questions such as: “Who has access to this file?” and “Which system special users have not changed their passwords?”
- Analyze SMF information from the live SMF data or from extracted SMF data on tape or disk.
- View information using live data interactively almost immediately after an event has occurred.
Make reports more usable and improve security and compliance
- Filter external supplementary information from existing data sources and corporate applications.
- Present that information alongside the technical data from z/VM and RACF in automatically generated reports.
- Reveal breaches in system integrity and other irregularities using powerful system integrity analysis.
- Identify exposures and potential threats based on intelligent analysis built into the system.
- Rank severity of exposure, help determine corrective action and provide a framework for rule-based compliance auditing.
IBM Security zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM