Rapidly deploy WebSphere MQ in a virtualized AIX environment
IBM® WebSphere® MQ Hypervisor Edition For AIX provides IBM WebSphere MQ messaging in virtualized environments. It combines and delivers the IBM AIX® operating system with WebSphere MQ as a virtual image for use with PowerVM servers. WebSphere MQ Hypervisor For AIX optimizes WebSphere MQ for cloud-based messaging, enabling more efficient hardware utilization and streamlined installation and configuration for rapid deployment.
WebSphere MQ Hypervisor Edition For AIX features:
- Full WebSphere MQ messaging capabilities that are optimized for virtualized environments.
- IBM Workload Deployer or IBM PureApplication™ System deployment options that offer rapid installation and configuration.
- Extended WebSphere MQ functions that complement your cloud messaging capabilities.
Full WebSphere MQ messaging capabilities
- Use one universal messaging backbone that can be rapidly deployed and operated in a virtualized environment.
- Offer support for more than 80 platform configurations, including native IBM z/OS®, IBM CICS®, IBM IMS™, IBM DB2®, Microsoft .NET and Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) environments.
- Provide message delivery services that include digital signatures, synchronous and asynchronous processing, one-time-only data exchange and support for secure sockets layer (SSL) and transport layer security (TLS) protocols.
- Take advantage of a wide range of message processing capabilities, including point-to-point, publish-and-subscribe, file transfer and multicast operation modes and clustering.
- Work with the open source, Eclipse-based WebSphere MQ Explorer.
IBM Workload Deployer or IBM PureApplication System deployment options
- Support the deployment of WebSphere MQ virtual images directly into PowerVM.
- Simplify deployment and management to help reduce operating and maintenance costs.
- Combine and deliver WebSphere MQ, the AIX operating system and associated tools as a virtual image optimized for private clouds or expert integrated systems.
- Work with virtual machine images built using stable, tested tools to speed deployment of virtualized messaging.
Extended WebSphere MQ functions - subject to additional entitlement
- Add IBM WebSphere MQ Advanced Message Security to provide message-level security with authentication, enhanced authorization and data encryption.
- Complement your universal messaging backbone with IBM WebSphere MQ File Transfer to provide scalable, automated file transfer and auditing.
- Use IBM WebSphere MQ Telemetry to rapidly connect devices with your universal messaging backbone.
- Add optional capabilities to the deployed virtual machine image, recapturing the image and using it as a single, provisioned image for future deployments.
WebSphere MQ Hypervisor Edition For AIX resources