Rapidly deploy WebSphere MQ in a virtualized Linux environment
IBM® WebSphere® MQ Hypervisor Edition for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server provides WebSphere MQ messaging in virtualized environments. It combines and delivers the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server operating system with WebSphere MQ as a virtual image for use with VMware ESX servers. It optimizes WebSphere MQ for cloud-based messaging, enabling more efficient hardware utilization and streamlined installation and configuration for rapid deployment.
WebSphere MQ Hypervisor Edition for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server features:
- Full WebSphere MQ messaging capabilities that are optimized for virtualized environments.
- IBM Workload Deployer or IBM PureApplication™ System deployment options that offer rapid installation and configuration.
- Extended WebSphere MQ functions that complement your cloud messaging capabilities.
Full WebSphere MQ messaging capabilities
- Use one universal messaging backbone that can be rapidly deployed and operated in a virtualized environment.
- Offer support for more than 80 platform configurations, including native IBM z/OS®, IBM CICS®, IBM IMS™, IBM DB2®, Microsoft .NET and Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) environments.
- Provide message delivery services that include digital signatures, synchronous and asynchronous processing, one-time-only data exchange and support for secure sockets layer (SSL) and transport layer security (TLS) protocols.
- Take advantage of a wide range of message processing capabilities, including point-to-point, publish-and-subscribe, file transfer and multicast operation modes and clustering.
- Work with the open source, Eclipse-based WebSphere MQ Explorer.
IBM Workload Deployer or IBM PureApplication System deployment options
- Support the deployment of WebSphere MQ virtual images directly into VMware ESX.
- Simplify deployment and management to help reduce operating and maintenance costs.
- Combine and deliver WebSphere MQ, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server operating system and associated tools as a virtual image.
- Work with virtual machine images built using stable, tested tools to speed deployment of virtualized messaging.
Extended WebSphere MQ functions
- Add WebSphere MQ Advanced Message Security to provide message-level security with authentication, enhanced authorization and data encryption.
- Complement your universal messaging backbone with WebSphere MQ File Transfer to provide scalable, automated file transfer and auditing.
- Use IBM WebSphere MQ Telemetry to rapidly connect devices with your universal messaging backbone.
- Add optional capabilities to the deployed virtual machine image, recapturing the image and using it as a single, provisioned image for future deployments.
WebSphere MQ Hypervisor Edition for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server resources