Enhanced quality of service in high-performance computing envi-ronments
IBM® WebSphere® eXtreme Scale is an elastic, scalable, in-memory data grid (IMDG). It is designed to help you handle exponential growth of transactions. With WebSphere eXtreme Scale, you can expect an enhanced quality of service in high-performance computing environments.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale provides a full set of IMDG functions. This approach provides a solution to scalability issues through caching and grid technology. The data grid dynamically caches, partitions, replicates and manages application data and business logic throughout multiple servers.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale can perform massive volumes of transaction processing with high efficiency and linear scalability.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale integrates with other middleware products such as IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere Commerce and IBM WebSphere Portal Server, and supports big data, mobile and cloud computing.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale is an essential tool for elastic scalability that provides these valuable benefits:
- Processes massive volumes of transactions with extreme efficiency and linear scalability.
- Rapidly builds a seamless, flexible, highly available elas-tic grid that scales out as applications scale, removing the performance limits of the database.
- Provides high availability and security with redundant cop-ies of cache data, and authentication schemas that help en-sure system security.
- Reduces total cost of ownership by enabling your existing backend systems to support significantly more applications.
Processes massive volumes of transactions with extreme efficiency
- Reduces response time by reducing the number of requests to the database, thus increasing scalability.
- Accommodates growth, supporting business processes and streamlining IT maintenance.
- Provides transaction support for all changes made to the cached data. Changes are tracked in a difference map. After changes are applied, a locking strategy ensures that the data is not changed.
- Tracks changes in a difference map. After changes are applied, a locking strategy ensures that the data is not changed.
Rapidly builds a seamless, flexible, highly available elastic grid
- Handles extreme levels of data processing without affecting business performance.
- Able to scale to thousands of grid containers. The grid can easily be extended by adding additional Java virtual machines and hardware.
- Provides a single virtual memory space for Java processes, so that data can be accessed quickly.
- Provides elastic scale, which is the ability to accommodate rising demand without increasing response time.
- Monitors and manages itself, and is self-healing by automati-cally recovering from failures.
Provides high availability and security
- Provides redundant copies of cache data, called replicas, to help ensure against data loss.
- Allows the data to be replicated in a variety of ways, improving data integrity.
- Uses zones, with replicas residing in different data centers, to help ensure availability in disaster scenarios.
Reduces total cost of ownership
- Scalability can lower total cost of ownership by freeing up backend systems and extending the use of the database to other applications.
- Adding a seamless cache infrastructure across your applications allows you to reliably and quickly scale your transaction volumes.
- High availability and high performance with consistent response times helps to reduce overall cost and adds value to your business.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale resources