A cross-channel platform for delivering personalized customer shopping experiences
IBM® WebSphere® Commerce Professional is an omni-channel eCommerce platform that helps midsize businesses sell directly to customers using multiple channels—web, mobile, social, call center or store. It supports seamless marketing, selling and fulfillment with precision marketing, merchandising tools, site search, customer experience management, catalog and content management, social commerce and advanced starter stores. It dynamically optimizes content for various device types and formats including web, mobile and tablet.
WebSphere Commerce Professional features include:
- Support for multiple selling channels—web, mobile, social, store, call center—to provide consistent pricing, promotions and brand experiences in different channels.
- Marketing and merchandising tools to personalize shopping promotions and content across multiple channels.
- An IBM middleware backbone to underpin your online business with high site availability and performance during peak shopping periods.
- Integration with IBM selling solutions so it works with IBM Commerce Insights and IBM Order Management providing online merchandisers with business and customer insight, enabling cross-channel order orchestration and providing flexibility in fulfillment.
Support for multiple selling channels
- Enables selling through web, mobile, social, store and call center channels to allow customers to choose how and when they browse, shop and purchase.
Offers support for smartphone and tablet optimized browsing with a responsive starter store. Create and manage a single store for web and mobile optimized experiences.
Integrates social media channels such as Facebook and Pinterest with the shopping experience and enables marketers and merchandisers to target shoppers based on social activity.
Includes customer service capabilities, which are built into WebSphere Commerce enabling CSR’s to provide a seamless experience through the call center.
Marketing and merchandising tools
- Automate one-to-one customer interactions, tailoring promotions based on past preferences, purchase history and online behavior across multiple channels.
- Trigger event-based communications based on customer actions such as cart abandonment, order placement, mobile device location, social media participation, search terms or referring URLs.
- Provide expansive catalog management tools—from generating stock-keeping units (SKUs) and uploading information to creating product categories and assortments.
- Enable targeted cross-selling and up-selling to increase average order size and enhance the customer experience.
Create and maintain store pages and marketing activities without IT using intuitive marketing and merchandising tools.
An IBM middleware backbone to underpin your online business
- Enables peak availability with site administration, problem determination and performance monitoring tools.
- Supports high levels of site performance and reliability with simplified clustering for easier configuration and management of hardware and software.
Integration with IBM selling solutions
Works with IBM Commerce Insights enabling online merchandisers to make more informed decisions and take direct action with customer and business insight from powerful analytics.
Integrates with IBM Order Management to give customers flexibility and convenience during order orchestration and fulfillment.
Offers a single view of supply and demand across channels to provide improved inventory utilization and more accurate promise dates.
WebSphere Commerce Professional features
Reduce time to market with prebuilt direct-to-consumer web storefronts
Extend shopping to smartphones and mobile devices with prebuilt mobile stores
Optimize catalogs products and categorization with merchandising tools
Deliver personalized promotions, emails and advertisements with marketing tools
Improve customer service through greater inventory visibility and order status
Gain customer insights through integration with IBM Digital Analytics.
WebSphere Commerce Professional resources