An integrated, team-based development environment for e-commerce websites
IBM® WebSphere® Commerce Developer Edition provides a developer environment with templates, code generation and developer tools for the WebSphere Commerce family of products. It includes software development tools to create, test and deploy e-commerce websites. IBM WebSphere Commerce Developer Edition integrates with additional IBM technical tools and resources to offer an expansive, collaborative development environment for e-commerce implementations.
WebSphere Commerce Developer Edition features include:
- Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and web services development tools to streamline e-commerce development processes.
- Integrated IBM development resources to deliver time-tested development tools.
- Starter store developer tools to help create and modify e-commerce stores with greater speed and ease.
- Developer support and resources to help speed the implementation of e-commerce environments.
J2EE and web services development tools
- Include integrated support for Java components, enterprise beans, servlets, JavaServer Pages (JSP) files, HTML, XML and web services in one development environment.
- Enable developers to create customized code and test it using the WebSphere Commerce Test Server.
- Operate on the Microsoft Windows platform to deliver store publishing capabilities to the full range of WebSphere Commerce products.
- Provide a development database preconfigured to work with WebSphere Commerce products.
Integrated IBM development resources
- Include IBM Rational® Application Developer for building dynamic e-commerce applications and web services.
- Contain the IBM WebSphere Application Server to help build, run, integrate and manage dynamic business applications.
- Use an IBM Cloudscape database to provide database management for the WebSphere Commerce development environment.
Starter store developer tools
- Include a store creation wizard with support for store profiles, store styles, store files, store text and store logo editing.
- Provide enhanced store configuration services that enable business users to modify online stores. This helps reduce the need for technical resources and web developer involvement.