Send web services messages asynchronously, reliably and securely
IBM® WebSphere® Application Server Feature Pack for Web Services extends the capabilities of IBM WebSphere Application Server. It helps you send web services messages asynchronously, reliably and securely. It simplifies web service implementation and management, and enables greater interoperability with other platform providers.
WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack for Web Services features:
- Support for key web services standards that help you send messages.
- Ease of implementation and management through a standard, annotation-based model and web services profiles.
Support for key web services standards:
- Reliable—be confident that your message will reach its destination.
- Asynchronous—communicate even if one of the parties is temporarily off-line, busy or unobtainable.
- Secure—messages are not vulnerable to attack.
- Interoperable—flexibility to interoperate with other vendors’ offerings.
Ease of implementation and management.
- A common set of binding rules for XML and Java help incorporate XML data and processing functions in Java applications.
- Further enhancements help you send binary attachments, such as images or files.
- The ability to create and reuse configurations helps you introduce new Web Services profiles seamlessly.
- Configurations are captured in Policy Sets that enable you to select and associate different qualities of service with an application.
- Policy Sets can be configured to just allow those capabilities within a given WS-Interoperability (WS-I) profile—helping limit or ensure that the only configurable portions are those desired.
WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack for Web Services