Accelerate applications hosted on a Public Cloud or SaaS environment to enterprise users accessing the applications from inside the firewall
WAXHN optimizes web traffic to deliver a consistent level of service to SaaS and Public Cloud enterprise users as if delivered locally from the enterprise data center.
Drastically reduces Internet middle-mile latency and congestion, improves geographic reach and scale, and encourages adoption of new cloud and SaaS projects by helping to accelerate and secure enterprise use cases resulting in blended advantages of traditional enterprise computing.
- Optimizes application delivery from outside the firewall to the enterprise user with ease
- Accelerates mission critical traffic over Akamai's dedicated global distributed server network of tens of thousands of servers for improved security when accessing external cloud services
- Adds value within the enterprise data-center and private network while bringing a new level of security through authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA) to govern application access for cloud-built applications
- Improves performance and availability of Public Cloud or SaaS applications, while simplifying overall application management
- Enables scalability via self-balancing adding appliances while intelligent load distribution (ILD) balances load across backend WebSphere application servers
WebSphere Application Accelerator for Hybrid Networks extends Akamai's value to within the enterprise data-center and private network
- Provides security through authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA) to govern application access for cloud-built applications
- Dramatically improve performance by intelligently caching cloud services responses
WAXHN is a subscription-based managed service that can be added to an XE82 ap-pliance
- Leverages a private global Internet overlay to accelerate and secure requests to external cloud-based services. The overlay consists of tens of thousands of Akamai servers worldwide allowing WAXHN to provide a number of advanced capabilities to accelerate and secure access to external services
Performance and Scale
- Adds acceleration and availability to WebSphere built applications by bridging data from any 3rd party data source(s) to/from the enterprise data-center
- Facilitates move to cloud, while maintaining performance and availability
- Business Value: stickiness, higher user productivity, lower support costs, lower capital costs, higher ROI on cloud strategies
- Provides greater agility to quickly respond to infrastructure needs with cloud services
- Enables scalability which means no need to overprovision your network
- Business Value: removes barriers and enables cloud service adoption
- Consolidates outbound traffic for policy enforcement, management, and reporting
- Governs application access for cloud-built applications
- Business Value: improved enterprise access control, lower security risk
- Seamless integration between on-premise and 3rd party cloud applications
- Integration and acceleration of other IBM cloud initiatives such as Information Cloud for backup/restore and suite of LotusLive applications
- Business Value: Faster time to value for public cloud-based applications, no complex, costly changes to applications, no additional hardware required within the cloud, faster adoption
WebSphere Application Accelerator for Hybrid Networks resources
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.