Mixed-language transaction processing for distributed platforms
Try TXSeries in the Cloud or on your own servers
Try it now
IBM® TXSeries® for Multiplatforms is distributed transaction processing middleware. It supports C, C++, COBOL, Java and PL/I applications in cloud environments and traditional data centers. It is designed to provide a scalable and highly available platform to develop, deploy and host mission-critical applications. It also integrates with mixed-language, multiplatform and service-oriented architecture (SOA) environments.
TXSeries for Multiplatforms provides:
Distributed transaction management capabilities to provide a robust, scalable and secure platform for business applications.
Workload management, availability and performance features to improve productivity and support business growth.
Management, monitoring and administration features to ease administration and enhance security.
CICS and non-CICS family interoperability for enhanced scalability and flexibility.
Serviceability capabilities that offer extensive diagnostic tools for problem determination and remediation.
TXSeries for Multiplatforms
System requirements for V8.2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux V5.9, V6.4 and SUSE Linux Enterprise V11 SP 3 or Ubuntu 14.04 on x86 architecture
AIX 6.1 TL9 and AIX 7.1 TL3
System requirements for V8.1
System requirements for V7.1
|AIX||AIX V5.3 TL7 or AIX 6.1 TL2
Supported IBM and vendor-acquired software with TXSeries for Multiplatforms 7.1 on IBM AIX.
|IBM eServer™ pSeries® hardware capable of running AIX.|
|Solaris||SUN Solaris V10
Supported IBM and third-party software with TXSeries for Multiplatforms 7.1 on Sun Solaris.
|Any SPARC hardware that is capable of running Oracle Solaris.|
|Windows||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Supported IBM and third-party software with TXSeries for Multiplatforms 7.1 on Microsoft Windows.
|Any x86-based hardware capable of running Microsoft Windows Server.|
|HP-UX(PA-RISC and Integrity)||HP-UX V11i V2 or V3
Supported IBM and Third-Party software for TXSeries V8.1 for HP-UX on HP Integrity Platform.
Supported IBM and third-party software with TXSeries for Multiplatforms 7.1 on HP-UX PA-RISC.
|Any HP-UX (PA-RISC or Integrity) compatible hardware capable of running HP-UX.|
New in TXSeries for Multiplatforms V8.2 Performance
Performance improvements may vary, subject to application, system configuration and operating environment.
Learn what’s new about the V8.2 TXSeries for Multiplatforms.
- Transaction processing
- CICS Batch Application Control for z/OS
- CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS
- CICS Explorer
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Modernization Solution Pack for z/OS
- CICS Operational Insights
- CICS Optimization Solution Pack for z/OS
- CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Transaction Gateway Desktop Edition
- CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms
- CICS Transaction Gateway for z/OS
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Developer Trial
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V4.2
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Value Unit Edition
- CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS
- CICS VSAM Transparency for z/OS
- IBM CL/SUPERSESSION
- TXSeries for Multiplatforms
- WebSphere Transaction Cluster Facility
- z/Transaction Processing Facility Enterprise Edition
- z/Transaction Processing Facility Database Facility