Provides evidence-based detection of criminals and account takeover attempts
Outsmarting fraudsters with
cognitive fraud detection
IBM® Security Trusteer Pinpoint™ Criminal Detection helps protect online and mobile channels against account takeover and fraudulent transactions by combining traditional device IDs, geolocation and transactional modeling, and critical fraud indicators. This information is correlated using big-data technologies to link events across time, users and activities. Phishing, malware and other high-risk indicators are used for evidence-based fraud detection.
By matching new and spoofed device fingerprints, phishing incidents and malware-infected account access history, Trusteer Pinpoint Criminal Detection can help to identify account takeover attempts, minimize customer burden and eliminate IT overhead.
IBM Security Trusteer Pinpoint Criminal Detection provides:
- Complex device fingerprinting that detects new, spoofed (proxy) and known criminal devices, and is dynamically generated by a state-of-the-art device ID component.
- Login anomaly detection to provide protection from fraudulent access to user accounts.
- Transaction anomaly detection to help safeguard payment to new payees or specific geographic locations and exceptional payment amounts.
- Phishing detection that reports on phishing incidents and provides an accurate indication of compromised accounts.
- Automated fraudster tagging that uses a global criminal device database based on intelligence from hundreds of organizations worldwide.
- Powerful protection against mobile fraud that helps organizations address complex cross-channel attacks.
- Correlation of online and mobile banking risk data for reliable mobile risk detection.
- Mobile risk assessment based on device and account risk factors to help mitigate mobile risk by producing actionable recommendations to allow, restrict or deny user or device access.
Complex device fingerprinting
- Fingerprints all types of devices, including PCs, Macs, laptops, mobile phones, smartphones and tablets.
- Identifies session spoofing attempts such as browser or operating system (OS) manipulation and cookie hijacking.
- Examines various session and network attributes to determine if the user is connecting to the website behind a proxy or a VPN.
Login anomaly detection
- Detects device anomalies, including attempts to hide browser or operating system information, and the use of a spoofed device ID and cookies.
- Looks for navigation anomalies such as failed login attempts or staying on specific pages for a long time.
- Tracks interaction anomalies; most fraudsters have different interaction patterns with the website compared to the average user.
- Detects device-to-user anomalies such as one device accessing numerous accounts (across one or more financial institutions or organizations).
- Continuously configures and updates additional anomaly detection rules.
Transaction anomaly detection
- Detects anomalies when users submit transaction data.
- Returns an actionable indication of fraud, which allows the organization to determine if the transaction should be denied or reviewed.
- Makes this determination based on the account historical activity and the broader context of account compromise history and login anomaly.
- Provides server-side technology that detects phishing incidents, including the site URL and compromised credentials.
- Detects user submission of credentials to suspected phishing site with IBM Security Trusteer Rapport®.
- Provides reports on all users who are accessing phishing sites and who may have compromised credentials.
- Detects submission of user credentials to phishing sites and reports accordingly to the bank.
- Correlates phishing, malware and other high-risk indicators for evidence-based fraud detection.
Automated fraudster tagging
- Automatically tags fraudsters and adds them to a global fraudster database without the need for external, manual bank involvement.
- Uses the fraudster database, which is based on a global install base of IBM Security Trusteer® solutions protecting over 270 million endpoints worldwide.
IBM Security Trusteer Pinpoint Criminal Detection resources