IBM Tools Base previously known as IBM IMS Tools Base for z/OS, contains common infrastructure used by IBM DB2 and IMS Tools for z/OS.
Tools Base offers technologies and services to provide IBM tools with more uniform post installation configuration, customization, administration, policy management, access, and autonomics.
- Exploits the Autonomics Director to support automation of tools execution for IMS Database Reorganization for z/OS and the Web based user interface from Administration Console to provide extended insight into the health and availability of IMS databases
- Provides required infrastructure code for all of IMS Tools key strategies including Autonomics, Rule Based programming, and Graphical User Interface (GUI) support
- Provides IBM IMS HD Compression Extended
- Provides IBM IMS Tools Knowledge Base
- Provides IMS Tools Generic Exits (this component includes IMS Tools Online System Interface functions and is shared among multiple IMS tools)
- Program number: 5655-V93
- Operating systems supported: z/OS