High availability clustering and policy-based automation for applications and services
IBM Tivoli® System Automation for Multiplatforms allows for greater availability of critical applications and middleware. For instance, it allows SAP Netweaver to run on numerous platforms and virtualization technologies.
It can increase availability and reduce disruptions across numerous platforms and virtual environments, including IBM AIX® and Linux® (IBM System z®, POWER®, System x®).
IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms can:
- Reduce unplanned downtime by detecting outages and taking corrective actions.
- Decrease planned downtime by keeping components and applications on- or offline.
- Provide flexibility to fit your needs with optional components and modules.
- Simplify configuration and operations with policy elements, automatic monitoring and accelerating root cause analysis of failures.
- Provide reliability and scalability with cluster-wide heart beating and tie breaking approaches.
Reduce unplanned downtime
- Detects system, network, storage and application outages – and takes corrective actions according to dependencies specified in the policy.
- Automatically performs failover if resources cannot be restarted in place.
Decrease planned downtime
- Keeps systems, individual application components or entire composite applications online or offline according to goals specified in the policy.
- Provides coordinated shutdown and startup procedures for maintenance purposes.
Provide flexibility to fit your needs
- An optional SAP policy component provides out-of-the-box failure detection and recovery for your SAP Netweaver configurations – including database and global filesystem.
- An optional xDR component extends the disaster recovery solution Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex™ (GDPS®) to provide greater business continuity for Linux® on System z®.
- Provides plug-and-play policy modules that integrate best practices for further key IBM and third-party software solutions – allowing out-of-the-box failure detection and recovery.
Simplify configuration and operations
- Offers powerful policy elements, including resource grouping and relationships, to model complex IT infrastructures and speed up cluster configuration.
- Eliminates the need for extensive programming skills to create and maintain scripts and procedures.
- Reduces the risk of operator errors by relieving operators from manual monitoring and from having to remember application components and relationships.
- Accelerates root cause analysis of failures through the ability to define resource dependencies that associate error conditions with resources.
- Seamlessly integrates in the web-based, easy-to-use Tivoli System Automation Application Manager GUI – using it as a single point of control, even in heterogeneous environments.
Provide reliability and scalability
- Features cluster-wide heart-beating and reliable messaging service building on Reliable Scalable Cluster Technology (RSCT).
- Disk heart-beating can be used to complement network heart-beating to add more resilience to the cluster infrastructure.
- Numerous advanced tie breaking approaches are available to prevent conflicts and data corruption in case of cluster splits.
- Seamless integration of GPFS allows data mirroring and information lifecycle management while keeping applications highly available.
Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms resources