System backup, restore and reinstallation for IBM AIX systems
IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery provides a flexible backup method for your IBM AIX® systems. It includes system backup, restore and reinstallation capabilities to help protect critical data from equipment failure and environmental factors. You can run this software from the AIX command line or by using the System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) menu interface.
Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery:
- Provides utilities to create backup scripts and schedules—for easier task automation for businesses of any size.
- Enables the choice of several types of backups—these include full system (installation image), volume group, file system, file or directory and raw logical volume.
- Supports configuration of network ports to communicate through firewalls—provides pass-thru support for AIX operating system language locales.
- Enables cloning—install one system installation image to another system with either identical or different hardware configurations.
- Allows for the storage of backup objects into an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager server—Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery can back up any non-rootvg data.
Learn more about Tivoli Storage Manager family
Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery resources