Enterprise-wide privacy management
- Maps specific data fields, business purposes, and groups to monitored applications and IT systems which automates publishing changes to existing policies or adding new policies to applications and IT systems
- Provides reporting tools to generate audit trails of opt-in and opt-out choices, and accesses to personally identifiable information by data users
- Monitors data submission to LDAP repositories and access requests to quickly enable privacy monitoring for LDAP
- Includes a software development toolkit for developing new monitors
- Leverages security infrastructure provided by IBM Tivoli Access Manager and application infrastructure by WebSphere
IBM Tivoli Manager for e-business works with IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business by incorporating business purpose specifications and end-user choices into access requests. In doing so, IBM Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business provides the first enterprise-wide management platform to ensure that sensitive data is being accessed for approved purposes.
Buy Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business
Features, advantages and benefits
|Policy Editor||Creates machine-readable privacy policies from written privacy policies via an easy to use, advanced P3P interface. Has an easy-to-use natural language interface which is suited for policy authorship.||Helps privacy officers, legal counsel and IT staff work together to build privacy rules that integrate policy into practices. Does not require knowledge of IT systems in order to author policies.|
|Policy Deployment||Helps organizations to monitor and record users’ privacy preferences on a separate system from individual applications. Can author one policy and deploy it everywhere there are monitored systems.||Cost-effective alternative to modifying or rewriting existing applications in order to incorporate preferences across applications. Eases updating policies in the future with minimal impact to the environment.|
|Report Generator||Generates enterprise-wide reports showing policies deployed, enforcement locations and audit trails that detail the management of personal information according to privacy policies||Immediate access to usage history for personal information – whether to comply with internal audits and regulatory reviews or to respond to a data owner’s request|
|Administration Console||Central console to manage and adjust the operating parameters of Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business||Control policies, storage locations, audit logs, preferences and consent across the enterprise. Console supports role-based access control, so specific users only see the function necessary to complete their tasks.|
|Monitor Software Development Kit (SDK) and the Reference Monitor||A flexible SDK and sample code (RefMon) with a Java library that lets you develop Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business monitors for applications, middleware data repositories and other systems that persistently store privacy-sensitive information||Extend the functionality of Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business – customize your implementation for your environment. Reference Monitor incorporates close to 90% of the code necessary to build a monitor, allowing for quicker deployments.|
|Other Monitors||Monitors for LDAP and Siebel 7 are included to allow monitoring, enforcement and auditing for LDAP and Siebel 7 applications. Technical Preview monitors are available “as is” from the related link below.||Provides flexibility in incorporating privacy monitors into existing applications|
|Tivoli Risk Manager Adapter||Sends privacy events to the IBM Tivoli Risk Manager product||Enables Tivoli Enterprise Console to correlate security and privacy events|
Within the next decade, data warehousing on the petabyte (1000-terabyte) scale is expected to be commonplace--with much of that data involving sensitive information about customers, business partners and employees. This trend is creating a significant management challenge, especially as privacy and data protection regulations place new restrictions on the use of personal information, and consumers and governments increasingly demand control over how their personal data may be used. Many organizations face significant exposure in the area of their data-handling practices--exposure that manually managed policies cannot mitigate.
IBM Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business is an enterprise privacy management solution designed to meet these challenges by providing middleware to abstract privacy and data-handling rules from applications and IT systems. With this approach, privacy-sensitive data is linked to policy at the point of collection, and subsequent requests to use the data are then filtered--and permitted or denied--according to policy and the data owner's preferences. Audit trails of data usage can also be generated automatically. Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business enables organizations to manage personal information in an automated manner that can help cut the costs of privacy management and mitigate the risks of unauthorized disclosure.
Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business contains software components that let your organization perform the following tasks:
A comprehensive approach to preference management
IBM Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business, to date, is the world's only server side implementation of the Platform for Privacy Preferences ( P3P ), the current internet standard for privacy. Please visit the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) site for additional information.
Page last updated on October 19, 2007.
(IBM Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business 1.2 is also shipped with limited-use licenses for Websphere Application Server Version 5, LDAP Version 5.1, and IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business 4.1 Base CD)
IBM Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business requires:
IBM Tivoli Privacy Manager for e-business runs on the following systems:
IBM RS/6000® with:
Sun UltraSPARC II with:
Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with:
(1) In addition to the base applications, additional disk space is required for the Privacy Manager database. Disk space sizing for the Privacy Manager database is based on the size of the Access and Submission tables. The disk space needed by Privacy Manager can be derived from:
(2) More detailed system configurations and requirements can be found in the Tivoli Privacy Manager Planning Guide and Installation Guide.
Page last updated on July 13, 2006.
- Identity and access management
- IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On
- IBM Security Access Manager for Mobile
- IBM Security Access Manager for Web
- IBM Security Directory Integrator
- IBM Security Directory Server
- IBM Security Identity and Access Assurance
- IBM Security Identity and Access Manager
- IBM Security Identity Manager
- IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager
- IBM Security zSecure Admin
- IBM Security zSecure Administration
- IBM Security zSecure Compliance and Administration
- IBM Security zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM
- IBM Security zSecure Visual
- Tivoli Directory Server
- Tivoli Federated Identity Manager Business Gateway
- Tivoli Federated Identity Manager
- Tivoli Security Policy Manager