Transform your z-centric application output into easily accessible reports
IBM Tivoli Output Manager for z/OS is an output management solution that automatically captures, archives, and distributes output from local and remote systems. It then transforms the captured data into customizable reports – and automates report distribution and printing.
IBM Tivoli Output Manager for z/OS:
- Increases visibility to business information so you can easily answer questions.
- Automatically distributes reports to decision makers – getting information to them as soon as it is available.
- Uses your existing z/OS products.
- Manages your production reports in a reliable, scalable and secure way.
- Provides control over report distribution – sending users only the data they need.
- Receive the information you need, as soon as it is available with mobile-device online viewing.
- View, download and print through your web browser.
- Distribute content in PDF, CSV, and plain text formats.
- Highlight text and add notes in reports to communicate what is important.
Automatically distributes reports
- Process report content from local or remote systems.
- Notify users when their reports are ready – either with a link or as an email attachment.
- Highlight site-specific exceptions.
Uses your existing z/OS products
- SMS-managed report content, HSM-managed data lifecycle and DB2 metadata repository.
- Provides RESTful web service for custom integration.
- RACF-based access control.
Manage your production reports
- Organize job printing with online, batch and automatic printing.
- Retrieve your existing third-party reports on an ad-hoc basis to retain historical data for future reference.
- Specify character strings to search for within report content.
- When a specified string is encountered, Output Manager can pass it to your system automation product – or automatically highlight it.
Provides control over report distribution
- Control who sees the report content, as well as who sees the list of report names.
- Tailor reports so that users receive only the information that is relevant to them.
- Group reports into bundles so that recipients receive a consolidated collection of their business reports.