Management and monitoring across z/OS, networking and storage
IBM® Tivoli® OMEGAMON® for z/OS® Management Suite provides platform management and monitoring capabilities for the operating system, networks and storage subsystem.
It brings together a range of z/OS management tools in a single package:
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks
- IBM OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON Dashboard Edition on z/OS
- IBM OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS
Tivoli OMEGAMON for z/OS Management Suite is available as part of IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS. IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS includes IBM Service Management Unite—a service management dashboard that brings mainframe management information and tasks from disparate sources into a single environment.
OMEGAMON for z/OS Management Suite provides:
Integrated monitoring and management of z/OS operating system, network and storage infrastructure
Resource level monitoring of all Java Virtual Machines on z/OS
Redesigned IBM OMEGAMON architecture
Simplified installation, configuration and maintenance processes
IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON for z/OS Management Suite V5.4.1
In addition to the capabilities delivered in IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON for z/OS Management Suite V5.4.0, the following new and enhanced components are provided in V5.4.1:
- • New release of IBM OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS V5.4.0 provides resource level monitoring of all Java Virtual Machines on z/OS:
- New metrics for monitoring native memory usage of a JVM and individual thread CPU performance.
- Enhanced support for JVMs running z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition.
- Improvements to reduce time configuration time.
- New release of IBM OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS V5.4.0 provides visibility, control and automation for critical storage hardware and software subsystems:
- A new historical data store has been added to provide easier configuration and allow more detailed and more frequent data gathering.
- Monitoring of FICON Director status in real time by viewing average frame rate pacing.
- Improved performance in collection of dataset attributes significantly reduces the resource cost and cycle time for collecting dataset attribute data, enabling faster response to problems.
- o Removal of the Common User Access (CUA) interface to reduce complexity and cost of ownership in the monitoring environment.
Not in United States?