Automated network configuration and change management
IBM® Tivoli® Netcool® Configuration Manager provides automated network configuration and change management. It includes tools for policy-based configuration to help address compliance requirements. Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager integrates with fault management, network automation and performance management applications to manage networks more efficiently.
Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager features:
- Network discovery and reporting tools that deliver up-to-date status of network devices.
- Automated configuration management capabilities that can improve network reliability and availability.
- Change management features that handle complex and rapidly changing network environments more efficiently.
- Policy-based management that controls network device access and aids in regulatory compliance.
- Integration with third-party applications that extend automated network management processes.
Network discovery and reporting tools
- Get automatic, on-demand updates of physical and logical device status.
- Deliver current network data to operations support systems (OSS) for streamlined network operations.
- Work with an intuitive interface that shows relevant device information, including type of hardware, configuration history, changes and activities.
Automated configuration management capabilities
- Automate routine network configuration management tasks to keep pace with changing requirements and help reduce manual configuration errors.
- Work with multiple network configuration modes designed to support a range of users from expert network engineers to novice operators.
- Manage the complete device configuration lifecycle including baseline, search, configure, test, approve and track stages.
- Use SmartModel Automation to work with standardized representations of native device configurations without coding or scripting.
Change management features
- Create a single access point for implementation of network changes to help reduce errors and eliminate duplicate efforts.
- Take advantage of reusable command templates to manage network changes more efficiently.
- Validate commands sent to devices automatically to confirm configuration changes.
- Speed implementation of network changes with an intuitive point-and-click interface.
- Maintain a Network Database of Record (DBoR) that is updated to provide an accurate, reliable source of network configuration data.
- Control configuration access by user, device or command to help strengthen network security.
- Provide a reusable policy framework for configuration validations of regulatory mandates, security policies and engineering standards.
- Consolidate policy information with physical and logical device data in one central location for speedier implementation.
- Use SmartModel Automation to enforce corporate practices for syntax, semantics and ordering of network configuration information.
Integration with third-party applications
- Integrate with third-party applications including network automation, inventory and help desk management systems to create more extensive and streamlined network management systems.
- Take advantage of application programming interfaces (APIs) for integration with workflow automation.
- Work with a variety of server platforms, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Solaris and virtual VMware environments.
- Connect with Telenet and SmartModel Automation workflows.
Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager resources