Analyze and optimize performance of DB2 on z/OS
IBM® Tivoli® OMEGAMON® XE for DB2® Performance Expert on z/OS® is a single tool to monitor, analyze and tune the performance of IBM DB2 for z/OS and IBM DB2 applications. It helps to detect performance problems so they can be isolated and resolved more quickly.
Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS is available as part of IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS. IBM Service Management Suite for z/OS includes IBM Service Management Unite—a service management dashboard that brings mainframe management information and tasks from disparate sources into a single interface.
Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS provides:
- Application response time monitoring and analysis through an extended insight feature to quickly identify SQL performance problems throughout layers of complex applications.
- A performance tool for DB2 that is designed to be easier to manage and can be tailored to your business needs.
- A single engine for performance data collection that uses and integrates with the OMEGAMON XE family of tools.
Application response time monitoring and analysis
- SQL-level monitoring capabilities of distributed applications accessing DB2 for z/OS.
- Response time details isolating performance problems to the application server, driver, network and data server per defined workload or cluster.
- Views of performance data—including top client contributors to workloads, top SQL statements per defined workload and workload comparisons by server/application.
- Ability to meet customer satisfaction service-level agreements (SLA) because of fewer response time delays.
- Improved efficiency between IT teams, less confusion on where performance problems occur and fewer cross-departmental emergencies.
A performance tool for DB2
- Combines batch-reporting capabilities with near real-time monitoring and historical tracking functions.
- Offers access to a range of detailed reports, which can be tailored to your requirements.
- Stores performance data and analysis tools in a performance warehouse. Performance database tables can be upgraded to suit your needs.
- Allows you to define, schedule and run automated processes; convert and load reports; and save DB2 trace and report data for analysis.
- Provides information about DB2 buffer pool behavior and uses simulation to anticipate behavior, helping you optimize resources and data access.
A single engine for performance data collection
- Maintains familiar DB2 interfaces—including the enhanced 3270 interface.
- Uses the same installation and configuration tool used for all IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE products.
- Provides integration with the entire Tivoli OMEGAMON XE monitoring suite, as well as with IBM Optim™ Query Workload Tuner for z/OS and IBM Optim pureQuery™ Runtime for z/OS.
- Supports an integrated systems management strategy as part of the Tivoli OMEGAMON XE family.
Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS resources