Monitor, report and manage replication sessions and z/OS HyperSwap for System z
IBM® Tivoli® Storage Productivity Center for Replication for System z is designed to manage hundreds of replication sessions across thousands of volumes, for both open and System z attached
volumes. You can manage point-in-time and continuous volume replication services, monitor sessions and report on volumes not in synchronization with the source site. The software also adds data protection capabilities with proactive management of copy services operations. It also manages multi-site z/OS HyperSwap sessions.
A basic no-cost disk availability only edition of this product is also available. Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Replication Basic Edition for System z enables Basic HyperSwap and is designed for single-site disk replication operations.
Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Replication for System z features include the following:
- Support for Metro Mirror and Global Mirror configurations as well as three-site recovery management.
- Alerting, analysis and reporting for improved replication management.
- Central control, simpler interface to more easily configure source-to-target pairing, execute operations and monitor progress.
Support for Metro Mirror and Global Mirror configurations
- Combines licenses for Two-Site BC and Three-Site BC (business continuity) into a single license encompassing all replication features.
- Includes support for IBM FlashCopy, Basic HyperSwap, Metro Mirror with HyperSwap, Global Mirror and Metro Global Mirror.
- Exploits features of the IBM DS8000 family of storage servers, allowing HyperSwap to obtain information on the cause of storage replication suspension events, and continue to run.
- Provides the option of suspending replication on a z/OS HyperSwap session when a storage failure occurs, even when the z/OS HyperSwap session is disabled.
- Lets you start a Global Mirror session in GlobalCopy mode. This gives you better control of replication services activity as DS8000 family storage systems begin forming consistency groups.
- Provides support for IBM DS8000 Extent Space Efficient (ESE) volumes in all remote copy services relationships.
Alerting, analysis and reporting
- Provides the ability to set "warning" and "severe" thresholds on recovery point objective (RPO) metrics for a Global Mirror session. If a threshold is surpassed, this triggers an SNMP event and message.
- Provides the ability to export Global Mirror history to a CSV file for recovery point objective (RPO) and out of sync track analysis.
- During recovery operations, informs z/OS HyperSwap of the impact to applications. z/OS HyperSwap monitors these alerts and can trigger a z/OS HyperSwap on certain recovery actions.
Central control, simpler interface
- Helps simplify and automate complex replication tasks without scripts.
- Allows testing of disaster recovery at any time using practice volumes. This allows you to practice disaster recovery testing without impacting production replication.
- Provides full management and tracking of copy services, and management of planned and unplanned disaster recovery procedures.
- Lets you manage replication from the server of your choice, z/OS or open systems servers, z/OS or open data.
- Provides a graphical user interface (GUI) and command line interface (CLI) to help increase administrator efficiency and better manage copy services functions.