Telecom expense management for the mobile and wireline telecommunications lifecycle
Critical Capabilities for Telecom Expense Management. Download the report now
Telecom Expense Management (TEM) from IBM® Emptoris® Rivermine® helps companies reduce telecommunications expenses by holistically managing the mobile and wireline communications lifecycle. Telecom expense management streamlines and automates key telecom processes, including inventory management; procurement and order management; invoice processing, auditing and cost allocation; mobile expense and device management; and advanced business intelligence and reporting. IBM Emptoris Rivermine is a key offering in IBM's MobileFirst portfolio of mobile products and services, and provides a flexible suite of managed services to facilitate best-in-class outsourcing of companies' critical TEM business processes.
Emptoris Rivermine Telecom Expense Management enables companies to:
- Reduce costs—Get increasing mobile and wireline telecom spend under control.
- Manage mobility—Proactively manage corporate wireless costs and mobile devices, including "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) for optimized savings and policy compliance.
- Gain visibility—Gain a holistic view of the telecom lifecycle across business units, carriers and services, including contracts, invoices and inventory.
- Optimize networks—Optimize wireline and mobile communications networks for reduced costs and improved service.
- Get increasing mobile and wireline telecom spend under control by managing the full telecommunications lifecycle.
- Automate invoice processing, bill validation, cost allocation and auditing to help eliminate invoice errors and realize savings negotiated in service contracts.
- Allocate costs properly to business groups and departments, and use enhanced budget and forecasting tools for closer management of current expenses and more accurate planning for future expenses.
- Decommission obsolete assets to avoid overcharges, optimize network price and performance, and identify the most cost-effective rate plans for mobile users.
- Optimize staff productivity and costs by enabling workers to focus on more strategic telecom projects.
- Centrally manage, track and optimize mobile spend to help reduce costs and enforce corporate policies.
- Use the End-User Telecom Portal to streamline the ongoing management of mobile usage and accurately inventory and improve control of mobile devices.
- Resolve mobile issues and accomplish tasks more efficiently—including move, add, change and disconnect requests—with dedicated End-User Mobile Help Desk services.
- Accelerate resolution of issues, help enforce corporate mobile policies and improve device, application and data security with Mobile Device Management (MDM) services.
- Manage individual-liable mobile devices (BYOD) while maintaining the benefits of a centralized corporate mobile management program.
- Gain a holistic view of the telecom lifecycle across business units, carriers and service types. This includes orders, contracts, invoices, budgets, policies and inventory.
- Use advanced business intelligence, automated workflows and integration with other enterprise systems to capture a more encompassing view of telecom expenses.
- Access summary dashboards and detailed reports that provide aggregate and granular insight into telecom data and identify potential issues.
- Utilize international capabilities to gain global visibility into the telecom environment and provide support for global invoice formats, currencies and languages.
- Optimize communications network price and performance for reduced costs and improved service.
- Gain fast insight into network route cost information and quickly view potential risks associated with changes. This enables you to make rapid network decisions and justify them to management.
- Provision network conversions and new assets more easily to facilitate network transformation projects.
Use the IBM Telecom Expense Management Telecom Portal to place orders for plans and devices, access usage and spend reports, and place MDM and Help Desk requests.
Use the dashboard for visibility into key information and drill down to access detailed information and take action.
Emptoris Rivermine Telecom Expense Management
Manage the mobile and wireline telecommunications lifecycle and reduce expenses
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.