Accelerate development of enterprise data warehouse solutions
IBM® Telecommunications Data Warehouse is an industry-specific data warehouse model for service providers in the telecom, internet, cable and related industries. It combines industry expertise, regulatory best practices and predefined content in data models that support both business and IT needs. IBM Telecommunications Data Warehouse can help define and manage definitions and standards and consolidate data throughout the enterprise to accelerate data warehouse deployments and help reduce risk.
IBM Telecommunications Data Warehouse:
- Presents a common customer view across lines of business and functions.
- Provides product lifecycle management by integrating product management and performance measurement functions.
- Supports campaign performance management for improved sales and marketing efforts.
- Helps improve service management through analysis of different service types.
- Integrates reporting and analytics with data models for expansive data warehouse capabilities.
Presents a common customer view
- Consolidates customer identifiers, organizational structures and account hierarchies across lines of business and functions.
- Enables flexible, cross-dimensional reporting using customer, device, plan, location and usage data to identify and promote value-added services such as non-voice communication and content downloads.
- Assists in profiling subscribers (demographic, arrangement, download behavior, point-of-sale visits, reaction to campaigns, surveys) with customer profile model content.
Provides product lifecycle management
- Integrates product management and performance measurement across lines of business and functions.
- Performs network analysis to support communications service providers (CSPs) in understanding and predicting usage patterns to inform capital investment decisions.
- Offers analysis that enables CSPs to capitalize on increased traffic or new product introductions.
Supports campaign performance management
- Tracks sales and marketing activities and helps improve program planning.
- Provides campaign performance metrics across channels and touch points.
Helps improve service management
- Analyzes usage, availability and customer experience related to new services, self-service and monetary services.
- Uses revenue metrics to address provisioning, usage, call detail record (CDR) capture, rating, billing, receivables and credit risk issues to support revenue analysis.
Integrates reporting and analytics with data models
- Helps business users reduce the time, costs and risks associated with scoping requirements and customizing and extending their data warehouse.
- Uses data models that integrate with common data warehouse products, including IBM DB2®, InfoSphere® Information Server and InfoSphere Master Data Management Server.
- Facilitates an incremental approach to deliver an integrated reporting repository. Provides sample IBM Cognos® reports that cover subject areas important to service providers.
- Provides support for TM Forum business performance metrics.
- Offers decision support, near real-time analytics and predictive modeling to provide a solid basis for statutory reporting and relationship management.
IBM Telecommunications Data Warehouse resources