Resolve performance and availability issues before they impact users
IBM® Tivoli® Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics helps you to view the health of web applications and servers. You gain in-depth diagnostic information for specific application requests to identify the root cause of problems. Now you can resolve performance issues faster, reduce downtime costs and improve customer satisfaction.
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics helps you:
- Detect and repair problems before they impact users—you can pinpoint the source of bottlenecks or other defects in application code, server resources or external system dependencies. This software provides a consistent way to manage composite applications throughout Java EE application environments.
- Simplify application management throughout the lifecycle—you can monitor newly deployed applications as soon as they become active, without modifying application code when it is changed.
- Monitor, manage and enhance performance throughout subsystems—diagnostics, reporting, analysis and resolution tools help provide advanced application management and monitoring. You can set alerts to help detect and fix potentially troublesome situations before they affect users.
- Detect and analyze memory leaks—diagnostics detect and fix memory leaks in Java applications.
Detect and repair problems before they impact users
- Delivers comprehensive, integrated management tools for your web and enterprise infrastructure. Helps maintain availability and performance of your on-demand business.
- Supports management capabilities in both distributed and IBM z/OS® environments.
- Helps you identify and resolve Java EE performance issues to maintain high levels of uptime and responsiveness. This helps keep your business running smoothly and meet global customer demand for 24x7 availability.
- Creates reports that show performance trends at the application, transaction and server level.
Simplify application management throughout the lifecycle
- Correlates in-depth performance data gathered from multiple middleware environments including Java EE, IBM CICS®, IBM IMS™ and IBM WebSphere® Portal. This helps your IT team to pinpoint precise hot spots in application code with minimal effort.
- Dynamically adjusts the depth of transaction monitoring levels. You can establish a preset schedule for moving between monitoring levels, or switch as needed when you require a deeper level of analysis.
Monitor, manage and enhance performance throughout subsystems
- Detect, analyze and repair performance issues in production and test environments with the automated problem center. You can maintain high uptime, performance and responsiveness standards by associating and proﬁling transactions to determine the precise location and root causes of application failures.
- View in near real time all in-ﬂight Java EE transactions. This includes composite transactions that cross JVMs into the CICS and IMS subsystems, performing near real time Java stack traces and thread dump. You can compare key system and JVM metrics on working and nonworking systems to help isolate differences that might cause problems.
- Analyze resource consumption patterns and trends on historical data to plan for future growth.
- Detail SQL query performance. This helps users to identify potential bottlenecks and work with the database administrator to optimize SQL calls.
- Understand the mapping and performance of key components in IBM WebSphere Virtual Enterprise and Compute Grid environments.
Detect and analyze memory leaks
- Memory trends graphing and metric comparison help optimize JVM memory parameters, and detect memory leaks, garbage collection and lock contention conditions.
- Heap analysis helps pinpoint leaking classes to help developers fix defective code.
- The software captures the line number of code responsible for suspected leaking classes and methods. This helps establish the relationship between referenced objects in the heap and allocating class names.
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics resources