Better manage and automate heterogeneous business applications with a single point of control
IBM Tivoli System Automation Application Manager helps coordinate and manage application availability across different platforms and cluster technologies. It provides a single point of control to manage your heterogeneous business application landscape.
Single point of control (SPOC) for your business application
Manages the availability of your business applications such as CRM, web portal or other multi-tier workload.
Allows for application components to run on different platforms and operate without detailed knowledge of either the application or its associated operating system.
Performs operations on composite applications for managing and controlling planned and unplanned outages across the enterprise.
End-to-end Availability Automation
- Keeps business applications online or offline according to goals specified in the automation policy.
- Automates recovery of failure situations.
- Provides coordinated shutdown and startup procedures for maintenance purposes.
- Ensures application dependencies across heterogeneous business environments.
- Expands capabilities for disaster recovery with System z mainframes based on Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (GDPS/DCM) to AIX, Linux and Windows.
- Integrates with Tivoli Productivity Center - Replication (TPC-R) and allows System Automation Application Manager to become the single point of control for both multi-tiered business applications and the corresponding data replication between two sites.
Fits your needs
- Operates on top of your existing high-availability clustering solutions – such as IBM Tivoli System Automation for z/OS, IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms, IBM PowerHA, Windows Server Failover Clustering or Veritas Cluster Server.
- Integrates non-clustered systems and applications using the built-in agentless adapter technology.
- Supports controlling virtual servers using the zEnterprise HMC and allows them to be started and stopped.
- Integrates with IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus event console and Tivoli Business Service Manager.
Integrates with IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) and IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager (ITCAM)
- Builds on an existing ITM infrastructure that takes advantage of the monitoring agents already in your environment.
- Complements ITM and ITCAM with capabilities to increase uptime of business applications and distinguish planned downtimes from unplanned downtimes.
- Provides capabilites to create tailored and customizable dashboards displaying ITM data together with System Automation data.
Easy-to-use web interface
- Provides a shorter learning curve because it is based on Jazz for Service Management and Dashboard Application Services Hub.
- Offers modern dashboards to monitor and operate your applications
- Enables you to customize predefined dashboards or create entirely new dashboards.
- Supports mobile access.